Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again y'all... I've decided to set up my upcoming '11 Turner Sultan 1x10. New frame will arrive next week.

I've always been in the Shimano drivetrain camp. I've currently got a Saint 810 short cage rear derailleur which is rated up to 34t max cog, but I've also heard Shimano is conservative in the way it rates its derailleurs (at least with regard to total capacity).

Question -- can my Saint shadow m810 short cage rear derailleur handle an 11-36t 10-spd cassette + chain growth of a FS frame? This is how I want to set my new bike up -- 1x10 with a 30t chainring.

I'm not opposed to buying a new XT mid-cage rear der if necessary, just don't want to go to the expense if it's not required. Thanks.

--sParty

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Sparticus said:
Hi again y'all... I've decided to set up my upcoming '11 Turner Sultan 1x10. New frame will arrive next week.

I've always been in the Shimano drivetrain camp. I've currently got a Saint 810 short cage rear derailleur which is rated up to 34t max cog, but I've also heard Shimano is conservative in the way it rates its derailleurs (at least with regard to total capacity).

Question -- can my Saint shadow m810 short cage rear derailleur handle an 11-36t 10-spd cassette + chain growth of a FS frame? This is how I want to set my new bike up -- 1x10 with a 30t chainring.

I'm not opposed to buying a new XT mid-cage rear der if necessary, just don't want to go to the expense if it's not required. Thanks.

--sParty
9- speed derailleurs do not work at all with 10-speed shifters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.