Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
zerossix said:
eh i dont really like the saint shiffter. the release paddle isnt long enough and they ran the same internals as the XT i think so you cant get the same amount of leverage to trigger it. so its kind stiff to release it. i dunno it kind bugs me im used to my normal LX ones...
i noticed that. but why is the right side shifter paddle so much shorter than the left side paddle? so that the right shifter can run outboard and the left shifter can run inboard?

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
MannyOne said:
i noticed that. but why is the right side shifter paddle so much shorter than the left side paddle? so that the right shifter can run outboard and the left shifter can run inboard?
yeah i think thats it. ive never seen the left shifter so im assuming that its got the longer paddle on it. but yeah that sounds like why they would make the right one shorter. that or they probably noticed this problem and relized that you couldnt get enough leverage with the left shifter to release the cable since it take alot more pressure with normal shifters for the front derailleur...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.