Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,943 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
if you run a single ring up front which i'm guessing you are then get the short cage if you happen to be running a dual ring up front then get the medium cage. so no matter what your front is you can still use a saint RD

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,393 Posts
Assuming you are running single front ring, it should work. If you run double or triple ring, you need to get medium or long cage, respectively.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DanD said:
Kinda depends on the gearing you're running up front...but as JM stated, it says on the page you linked to that it will work with your cassette...
front i have double 32-22 crankset..

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,943 Posts
Well the other part is chain-extention and where the pivot is located. Most people don't think about this when deciding what kind of derailer cage to get. I have the old short-cage Saint with an 11-32, but my chainline doesn't extend that much. If I was running two rings I might want the bigger cage due to how these things add to eachother.

·
Do it all or nothing
736 Posts
Saint will not work with 11-36 thought... just bought mine from CR

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Jayem said:
Well the other part is chain-extention and where the pivot is located. Most people don't think about this when deciding what kind of derailer cage to get. I have the old short-cage Saint with an 11-32, but my chainline doesn't extend that much. If I was running two rings I might want the bigger cage due to how these things add to eachother.
I think you mean chain growth. Chainline does not change as the suspension cycles... unless your suspension is like the air ride on an old Cadillac that lacks structure and rigidity so it can sway side to side...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts