1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,171 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked their site and jagwire....the only kits were for m810. I guess the m820 has a longer banjo nut.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
Would you like a pic of my XTR/Saint? The stubby Goodridge banjo bolt works.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
You'll need a swivel end for the lever, and a banjo end for the caliper...109 I believe.

Check me (pg 5): http://www.gotyournose.com/goodridge/usa/pdf/mountainbike/Goodridge_mtb_brakelines_usa.pdf

A Avid Juicy brake hose kit (should) also work for the Shimano considering that Goodridge kit #109 is for a Juicy. Just reuse your banjo o-rings. Check the threads on the lever end olive compression sleeve, or reuse your old if need. I really like that Avid hollow Torx hose end bolt...but not sure if it would fit in a Saint tho.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
Oh, FYI on the Goodridge M8 swivel end for the lever...
Stick M8 swivel bit into the lever and tighten it first, before trying to screw it into the collar/hose, else you'll never get the thing tight. Grab the hose and not the collar while you're spinning the lever/MC into the hose. AND, when you're ~95% tight (when the lever end barb has caught the collar end threads (the larger threaded part on the barb), put a wrench on the collar and snug it up to the hose. This will make sure you didn't have a gap between the hose and the collar, under the collar. Dry fit the complete brake on your bike before filling w/ oil, because there's a better than average chance the angles isn't right and you'll have a twist in the brake line. Tweak the brake lever angle on the bar at the lever end hardware by loosening the part going into the master cyl. You'll need 2 8mm open ended wrench for this tweak. Or, you can try and align everything during the assembly process, but it's a PITA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts