Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my rear hub has died, it was just a cheap one that came on stock my DH bike, so now i need a 150x12mm 36 hole hub that i can use with my Shimano Saint rear derailleur as it bolts onto the axle from what i can see. I have been looking at the Sun Ringle Demon Hub and wondering if it will have any problems using a Saint Derailleur? I have the existing axle still so i could use that i think. So my real question is will this work? If not please suggest a hub that would, and at a good price, that is the main reason i am looking at the Demon as I can get it for about $70. Please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Matt

Ps. This is the hub i would be purchasing.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20221

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my frame has a 12mm x 150mm rear spacing, and it is all stock so i am assuming that it is a 12mm axle. So if it is in fact a 12mm axle then that hub should work fine correct?

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
phyco ref said:
Well my frame has a 12mm x 150mm rear spacing, and it is all stock so i am assuming that it is a 12mm axle. So if it is in fact a 12mm axle then that hub should work fine correct?
Yes...the Saint RD-M805 (or 806) rear derailleur was designed for 12mm x 150mm hubs...if that is what your currently running then you should be able to simply run the derailleur and axle in any 12mm x 150mm thru axle hub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts