Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
once and for all i would like to know...Do the saint brakes require you to run Saint hubs, i have heard an even amount of people saying yes and no....if you have saint brakes...either the new ones or old ones please let me know if you have to run saint hubs, i have azonic outlaw wheels

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
when you buy any shimano brakes, you buy the rotors separate (most places usually). you can choose whether you want standard 6 bolt (which is what you want) or splined (requires shimano splined hub)

even if the setup you buy comes with splined rotors, you can buy 6 bolt rotors yourself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
george_dh said:
i have the old saint stoked, but no saint hubs and i think youre confused because you need the saint hub if you will use the derailleur, not with the brakes
damnit...ok, question change, do you really need saint hubs to run the rear derailer, i was gonna get that too. can we get confirmation on that one

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
if you havent bought stuff yet i know of a great deal for the older style saint wheelset (150mm with a 12mm axel), older style brakes and rear mech for under 400, but i guess you already have wheels right?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I asked a similar question a few weeks ago:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=467681

To sum up: the older (800 series) Saint hubs require the over-size centerlock Saint rotors, and they are compatible with the old Saint derailleur, but you can use any derailleur you want if your frame has a hanger. The new (810 series) hubs use ordinary c/l rotors so they're much easier to get rotors for.

G

·
I run the new Saint brakes and I have the Outlaw wheels, and 8" G2 Cleansweep rotors and am using the Avid caliper adapters. I am also using the new Saint shifters with a 3 ring XT crankset.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.