Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what's up with Saint (or Hone) bolt on rear derailleurs?

Can they be used on wheels w/ non Shimano hubs? ..I don't know if Shimano hubs use a weird axel bolt size or something..

What's the deal? ..I'm getting sick of bending derailleur hangers..

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Locoman said:
Does anyone know what's up with Saint (or Hone) bolt on rear derailleurs?

Can they be used on wheels w/ non Shimano hubs? ..I don't know if Shimano hubs use a weird axel bolt size or something..

What's the deal? ..I'm getting sick of bending derailleur hangers..
i heard somewhere that they can be used w/ deemaxs... but you gotta have the right frame size etc...

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's a start, thanks. Anyone have the specifics?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Several companies are now making hubs that are Saint Compatible. The issue I ran into this year was with hub spacing, I bought a Saint rear hub and derailleur with 135mm spacing last year, but then this year was going to get a frame with 150mm spacing. Shimano went ahead and made a new derailleur with a larger bolt hole so that I would have to buy a whole new derailleur to accomodate a 12mm x 150mm axle. Lucky me... However, Problem Solvers (Quality Bicycle Products), now makes several different axles that should accomodate a wide variety of hubs, including 150mm hubs, that thread into the more common Saint derailleurs that are threaded for the 10mm axles. Go to your LBS and check out some of the distributor books to see what your options are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.