Finally found the weights and pricing; courtesy of NSMB (link here):

Cranks/BB - 810g single or 1105g double w/ bash, $300 - $450

Brake Levers - 266g/pair, $250/pair

Calipers - 324g/pair, $275 an end w/ lever

Shifter - L 116g / R 121g, $200/pair

Rear Der - 240g short, 250g long; $185

Front Hub - 225g, $110

Rear Hub - 335g, $239 150 mm

Thoughts? A bit heavier than I would have wanted, but seems better than last year...

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
That's quite a drop in weight for the cranks/bb if that's true. What's the current model weigh? Somewhere around 1100g I think... can anyone confirm?
I may have to pick those new cranks up!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Something is up with those crank weights. The weight of a 32 tooth ring and a hollow plastic bash is NOT 300 grams.

I had heard earler that the cranks were only going to be a few (like 20) gram lighter...so I am guessing the single ring weight is incorrect.

Shimano certianly needs to offer another choice for 83mm bbs..

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
davep said:
Something is up with those crank weights. The weight of a 32 tooth ring and a hollow plastic bash is NOT 300 grams.

I had heard earler that the cranks were only going to be a few (like 20) gram lighter...so I am guessing the single ring weight is incorrect.

Shimano certianly needs to offer another choice for 83mm bbs..
I'm not sure 295 grams in unreasonable... That new bashguard looks heavy. Factor in 30 grams for a 22t granny, another 30 for the steel chainring bolts, that leaves 235 for the bash... (An MRP party crasher weighs about that...)

I read that the cranks lost 150 grams from the previous generation. Sounds about right... :skep:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Anyone know if they redesigned the hubs?...They were my only complaint I have a complete saint group but swapped out the hubs for Hadley. Couldn't stand the cheap bearings in the hub.

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
Scimitar said:
Leave it to Sicklines to squash the debate... I really dig that site. :thumbsup:

Anyway, it looks like the actual weight for the arms plus a single ring would be 938 grams... (That's arms, bb, sleeve, ring and bolts.) Wonder where the 810 number came from? :confused: That's still not too bad though for 83mm cranks. I'm sure they're a better choice that Gravitylites for me. I can handle 138 +/- grams difference.

Interesting that Shimano is making their bashring the only one you can use. Thankfully I'll have an LG-1 to use with these WHEN I GET SOME... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.