Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to set the appropriate sag for my 08 Medium EG.
  • The shock is a RP23 with oversize canister.
  • Fox recommends 0.56inches.
  • Titus recommends 3/8 - 1/2 inch.

At 200psi in the shock, my back tire is still coming in contact with the frame on 3-4ft drops. At 190 - 210 psi, I measure 0.5 inches. Changing the air pressure does not seem to noticeably change the sag. I am 180 lbs with gear and a semi aggressive trail rider (not much free riding). As the EG already has a very firm pedaling platform, I would like some sort of plushness out of the ride.:madman:

Any recommendations on how much pressure to put in the rear.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
SEA_MTBR said:
I am trying to set the appropriate sag for my 08 Medium EG.
  • The shock is a RP23 with oversize canister.
  • Fox recommends 0.56inches.
  • Titus recommends 3/8 - 1/2 inch.
At 200psi in the shock, my back tire is still coming in contact with the frame on 3-4ft drops. At 190 - 210 psi, I measure 0.5 inches. Changing the air pressure does not seem to noticeably change the sag. I am 180 lbs with gear and a semi aggressive trail rider (not much free riding). As the EG already has a very firm pedaling platform, I would like some sort of plushness out of the ride.:madman:

Any recommendations on how much pressure to put in the rear.
get your Rp23 tuned by Push. I bet they could give you exactly what you're looking for; plush, but with added bottom out resistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.