Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Clydes, I recently rebuilt a GT I -drive XC bike with a SID Dual air rear shock ..... the issue is that the bike frame flexes at the pivot when loaded, and pulls on the front derailure cable (Bottom Pull)..... this effectively moves the derailure enough to shift onto the next ring ,,,, I'd blame the sag, but I weigh 200 and pumped the shock to its max at 250psi and am only measuring about an inch of sag when I test it .... Anyone else had this problem? is the shock shot? I've tried a number of tuning tricks, loose, tight, under load, etc..... but nothing has worked so far

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Cable housing

I think it's your cable housing for the front derailleur. I'll bet that the short piece of housing that goes under your BB between the front triangle and the swing arm is too short.

I just built an I-Drive Team for my roomate and had the same problem until I lengthened that piece of cable housing.

Nate

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I agree with Nater. I was seeing some ghost shifting on my Specialized Enduro for a while. The problem was that the cable housing which ran under the BB was too short. Using a slightly longer piece of cable housing under the BB fixed the problem.

·
mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
809 Posts
GeoCycler said:
Ok Clydes, I recently rebuilt a GT I -drive XC bike with a SID Dual air rear shock ..... the issue is that the bike frame flexes at the pivot when loaded, and pulls on the front derailure cable (Bottom Pull)..... this effectively moves the derailure enough to shift onto the next ring ,,,, I'd blame the sag, but I weigh 200 and pumped the shock to its max at 250psi and am only measuring about an inch of sag when I test it .... Anyone else had this problem? is the shock shot? I've tried a number of tuning tricks, loose, tight, under load, etc..... but nothing has worked so far
wow, over pumped the shock?
I weigh 260 and was set up on my rear shock (Mantiou 3 way Swinger) with only 145 psi to get my 1" sag.

I had overblown my FoxProPedal in the rear on my Enduro Expert and it was waaaay too stiff.

Also had TONS of ghosting with my 04' Enduro....argh!
New bike/frame rides like a Caddy!!!
Just my $.02

·
Slave to the grind
519 Posts
ghoooost shifting

yahh had the problem with my cherrybomb because i was using a rollamajig... little too short :D

same problem with an 04 blinged out stumpy.. couldnt get down the #$^@#%@^& block without it shifting....

longer cable will solve your woes. not enough slack so it yanks it

·
President, CEO of Earth
1,001 Posts
cable housing too short.

I remember seeing that on my boss' bike years ago - the housing to the f. der was too short and every time the susp. compressed the housing pulled out and made the bike shift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.