Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
This group tended to be younger, leaner and more often male than those who did not use marijuana in conjunction with exercise. They also exercised more often and imbibed or slathered on more cannabis.

And about 70 percent of them reported that using marijuana increased their enjoyment of workouts, while nearly 80 percent felt it enhanced their recovery, and more than half were convinced it motivated them to be physically active.
The Joe Rogan effect.

G

·
Breakout the Funyuns...it figures that Squashyo is viewing this thread :yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

·
Log off and go ride!
1,874 Posts
hmmmm....

The study was based upon a self reporting questionnaire -- those are not considered as accurate as verifying the test subjects activities.

The results were participants' self-reported perceptions. Placebo effect. Back up the date with actual pre- and post workout metrics.

This study is preliminary. Additional research using better protocols is needed before drawing any conclusions.

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
I'm thinking puffin tuff and getting into whatever predated Joe Rogan by at least 15,000 years. Psychedelics gave rise to all kinds of terrible **** like religion and technology. Be careful out there, man.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm thinking puffin tuff and getting into whatever predated Joe Rogan by at least 15,000 years. Psychedelics gave rise to all kinds of terrible **** like religion and technology. Be careful out there, man.
And consciousness.

Besides, religion and tech are great until the ego takes hold. If only there were a way to dissolve the ego... ;)

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
And consciousness.

Besides, religion and tech are great
They only exists in ego. Consciousness and matter are the same in that they have and always will exist. Of course vibrating at the the outer shell requires ...

·
Bipolar roller
1,601 Posts

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Part of this justifies USADA's stance on banning it as a PED. I don't believe the placebo effect though, there are recovery benefits. I could be wrong, but as far as I know CBD is now legal but THC is still an illegal substance. Seems like USADA got it all wrong again.

It is a great motivator though when you have the right stuff, a strong indica might level me into the couch but a good sativa will have me cleaning the toilet for three hours.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My experience in unmotorized outdoor athletics is that around half the folks there are hippiesque pot users and the others are pure athletes. That has been true in skiing, paddling, climbing, and even hiking.

Mountain biking has been different. My early rides (I'm 70 now) were in a haze of skunky smoke and everyone there was offering a toke or two. Red veined eyes, ravenous bikers, and perhaps a little apple dapple or boones farm.

Now, mtb has matured and is turning into one of the worlds great participation sports and I suspect that the 50/50 or so is true in mtb today.

To each his own, if he can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.