Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am realizing very quickly that my over a decade old saddle aint gonna cut it to cush my tush on the types of rides I plan on doing.

Not sure what saddle I have currently, it's the stock saddle that came with my bike in 1999 or 2000. It has OASIS printed on it's side.

Right now I've been riding on paved paths and a little bit of off road easy single track type stuff. Hope to work may way up to doing exclusively single track stuff, if that helps narrow down the good choices for me. I also have a $32 credit at REI so I'd like to buy the saddle there and stay as close to that amount if possible. But really, if the REI saddle selection stinks there's plenty of other goodies I can find in there :D

What saddles do you ladies love best? Why?

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
Good move, Kitty, very few stock saddles are comfy. I have had good luck with WTB's (Wilderness Trail Bikes) but also like the Specialized I put on in the fall - it is the Ariel model Stripes has, in the middle width, don't remember the number. The shapes seem to fit me without getting in the way, and they don't get shredded the first time they hit the ground. I would pick this WTB Speed She REI has for $39 if I were in your shoes, but saddles are always a bit of a gamble until you try them. You can also usually find some deep discounts on last year's models online.

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To take advantage of a shop's demo program does one just approach anyone in the shop and state their intentions of shopping around for a saddle and express interest in if the shop has a demo program?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Personally I don't get the need to measure sit bones. I've never met s saddle with a cutout I didn't like, but I also ride with a fairly cushy chamois. I have a Terry Butterfly in my commuter and it's great, even wearing jeans. It's fairly inexpensive, and my LBS said to bring it back within a month if I don't like it. That may be your best bet if you have a good relationship with your LBS.

I also have no issues with the stock saddle that came only Myka, and the Fizik that came on my Anthem. Then again maybe I'm not picky because I don't actually spend that much time sitting on it :)

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to give the WTB Speed She a try. The middle part isn't a full cutout, just an indentation but I think it may still be OK. There's always the option of return though :D

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most certainly will do. Got the saddle all installed this evening and hope to take it for a little test ride tomorrow. I think I'll need to make some minor adjustments with the seat angle and height though. I was moving things around too much in the switch over process I fear. Oh, and this is the Speed She Comp, not the ProGel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.