Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is not really a mountain biking trail but I will be in Paramus this weekend and looking to ride Saturday morning. Anyone know what the trail conditions are?

I called an LBS and they said that the trail can get muddy but I thought I read that it's paved. Is that certain areas?

Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
last time I rode that "trail" was approx 4 years ago. after this one bad rain storm/hurricane that blew through here the river washed all this sand up on the trail near the river by glen rock/dunkerhook border, plus alot of clear cutting. that and all this snow we;ve been having and yesterdays i'd say you'd enjoy life more if you propped your mtn bike on an indoor trainer.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hit this morning with the Fixie. The Monster Crosser would have been overkill. Nice ride. Hit at 6:30 am. A few runners. Some dudes riding wally world bikes with no helmets. A few nice cans of peaches. I didn't do that one excerpt section. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jersey_Pete said:
I must have missed you. I was there with two others at 6:30. Started in the old mill area by Rt 4 and rode up to Ridgewood and back. Klein, Cannondale and a Specialized.
I passed three guys on Mountain Bikes heading north, one guy had a white helmet on, when I was heading south after turning around at the northern terminus. I was riding quasi comfort bike with yellow taped, flared drops, orange helmet, and dayglo green jacket.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cycle Snack said:
I passed three guys on Mountain Bikes heading north, one guy had a white helmet on, when I was heading south after turning around at the northern terminus. I was riding quasi comfort bike with yellow taped, flared drops, orange helmet, and dayglo green jacket.
Yep, that was me with the helmet, good eyes and memory. I recalled a few bikes on the path. There was one guy with a beard that was riding pretty relaxed. Plenty of joggers at that time of morning too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, looked like he was riding a red and silver trek. I think I shot some video of you guys passing me - had a camera mounted to my top tube. When I get home I will look at it and maybe post it somewhere. It was cool chasing the geese and having them fly beside you - I think I got that on camera.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's another video of the saddle river bike path. I live in Rochelle park, so I'm heading north towards Ridgewood. took the video mid-day- you definately have to work your way around 'traffic' during the weekends! Taken with a go-pro strapped to my shoulder strap :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the_shindogg said:
Here's another video of the saddle river bike path. I live in Rochelle park, so I'm heading north towards Ridgewood. took the video mid-day- you definately have to work your way around 'traffic' during the weekends! Taken with a go-pro strapped to my shoulder strap :)

That vid is killer! I love the dirt sections.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.