Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EDR
10,312 Posts
If you are talking about repairing a torn cover I have used Loctite Extreme Repair with great success. I've even used that stuff to repair a tear on my Lake shoes. It's a thick, clear gel that is still pliable when dry.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Try The Interior Shop on cave creek and Sweetwater. Ask for Todd. Oh and The Interior Shop is the name of the place so you don't get confused.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grunion said:
Try The Interior Shop on cave creek and Sweetwater. Ask for Todd. Oh and The Interior Shop is the name of the place so you don't get confused.
Hey thanks much! I will check it out.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eatdrinkride said:
If you are talking about repairing a torn cover I have used Loctite Extreme Repair with great success. I've even used that stuff to repair a tear on my Lake shoes. It's a thick, clear gel that is still pliable when dry.
This could be an option? However the seat is aged and its not unwrapping... its torn along the back edge. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to glue it up and see if it holds.

Thanks

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
hmm...i have two serfas saddles which have come separated at the seams. i might try that. where do you find it? home depot? walmart? anywhere?

also, does anyone know an upholster place in the east valley?

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,331 Posts
I used super glue recently when I tore my saddle. Put a rubber band around it to keep the cloth in place then cut when dry. It left a little rubber band on it but now I have traction on my saddle!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Try a shoe repair place. I know the one near me (7thst between Bell and Greenway North Phx) has repaired shoes for my wife, resoled my moto boots, fixed my Ogio carry on zipper and tear, motocycle road race leathers, sewn on patches and even put my name on the back using soft thin leather from an old jacket they had lying around. Possible they could fix or recover the saddle. Never thought about an auto upolstery shop and I know Interior Shop does good work.

Also-I have used Ron the Seatmaker (horse and motorcycle seats) many times in the past. He is cheap and will make anything you desire. He lives and works off 32nd St and Bell roads. I would use him first now that I think about it just because he is easy to deal with and stands behind his work. Not once (even on custom jobs) has he ever said anything along the lines of "That is as good as I can get it"- it is right even if it takes a bit. His number is at my old shop. If anyone wants it, PM me and I will track it down for you.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Mule Ears said:
Just applied a smear of black Shoe Goo (WalMart shoe dept.) to a small tear in the nose of my saddle. Never tried this before--I'll let you know how it works out.
hey the stuff is not a prophylactic! Sick and Wrong I know- but I am sitting in the airport getting ready to fly to the northeast and know I am in for a long day. Hope this made someone else smile!:D

·
Slow but unsteady
53 Posts
Shoe Goo Experiment Update

Two weeks of hard use and the Shoe Goo saddle repair is holding. I was concerned that it might peel up at the edges, but that hasn't happened. When I applied it, I just smeared it over the tear and left it alone--it smoothed out on its own. Good stuff.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts