Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding a 2010 Flash 29er 2 with the stock Cannondale saddle for about three months and I frequently think there must be a more comfortable saddle I could get, but I know almost nothing about the alternatives. Many people seem to like Brooks B-17 so I'd be interested in views on that saddle and any others. I'd like to stay under $150.
I want comfort but I'm not willing to give up much in the way of performance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ronin

I will try it out. Specialized has a trial program. Is the saddle durable? The split design looks like it could be fragile.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saevid

eliflap said:
i have a Saevid from Spain

very confortable . doing a 24h solo race with it

...and saving lot of gramssssssssssss
That's a cool looking saddle. How is the durability? I am a bit crash prone. Did you need to order it direct from them? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have a Brooks B17 on a 29er rigid... both commuter duty and light trail depending on tires and its the most comfortable seat I have used but its hard to slide back to get behind it on the trail days... I now use a Fizik Nisene, padded where it counts, easy to slide behind the seat when it get steep and cheap to replace.
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2006/reviews/fizik_nisene_hp

edj said:
I have been riding a 2010 Flash 29er 2 with the stock Cannondale saddle for about three months and I frequently think there must be a more comfortable saddle I could get, but I know almost nothing about the alternatives. Many people seem to like Brooks B-17 so I'd be interested in views on that saddle and any others. I'd like to stay under $150.
I want comfort but I'm not willing to give up much in the way of performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts