Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I really like the Selle Royal Alpine. It's inexpensive (about $20) and really comfortable. If you're a weight weenie, you probably won't be interested. You can do a search for reviews and I'm sure that you will see that there are others that like it just as much as I do.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
I could recommend some seats ... except, how do I know that your backside (or the sit bones) are identical with mine?

I like seats that are flat (not like a hummock), narrow at the rear, and pretty firm. And I ride with no padding.

... got a LBS? If yes, go and see if they have any good seats mounted on bikes. Sit on as many as you can.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
perttime said:
I could recommend some seats ... except, how do I know that your backside (or the sit bones) are identical with mine?

I like seats that are flat (not like a hummock), narrow at the rear, and pretty firm. And I ride with no padding.

... got a LBS? If yes, go and see if they have any good seats mounted on bikes. Sit on as many as you can.
+1 right on! everyone isn't built the same way- definitely try a feew different ones at a lbs- also, just don't feel them with your hand or thumb- sit on it for a few minutes, ride around the p-lot, etc. good luck!

·
Banned
1,230 Posts
A saddle recommendation has as much to do with your bike as it does with the type of bananas you buy at the grocery store. As others have said, your individual anatomy will have everything to do with finding a good fit. WTB brand saddles has a loaner program that allows you to test out different saddles. Some shops offer a similar trial program for the products they carry. You just need to ask your local shop what sort of return policy they have on saddles. Specialized makes some of their saddles in different lengths and widths to customize the fit for individuals.

Good luck finding what you need. Hopefully you won't go through as many trials and errors as I before figuring out what I like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.