Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
everyones body is a little different, different enough that one seat wont be comfortable for everyone. you just gotta try them out.

the only real rule of thumb to go by is not to get a big fat fluffy saddle.. they pinch nerves. see if you can find a bike shop that will let you try out multiple saddles. performance bike will let you too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tomsmoto said:
everyones body is a little different, different enough that one seat wont be comfortable for everyone. you just gotta try them out.

the only real rule of thumb to go by is not to get a big fat fluffy saddle.. they pinch nerves. see if you can find a bike shop that will let you try out multiple saddles. performance bike will let you too.
That makes sense. Are there a handful you'd reccomend that generally have good reputations?

·
I like bacon... (clyde)
351 Posts
http://www.mtbr.com/cat/controls/saddle/PLS_140_913crx.aspx

There's a lot of good ones. I use a Sette Nyx (pricepoint) and I've found it to be excellent. However, it is a very lightweight saddle and may not have the "softness" you are looking for. The most comfortable saddle I've owned so far is the WTB Speed V. I switched because it was starting to fall apart (torn covering, staples falling out) and I wanted to try something lighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.