Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
rlouder said:
Saddle fit varies widely. What works for one person may not work for another person.
Plus 1 on this.
Personally I completely disregard any other riders comment on the comfort of their saddle.
Your arse will not match theirs.
I have read several positive reviews of the Fizik Gobi that came standard on my 2011 giant Trance X1 - I think it is uncomforatble and promptly switched it for a WTB Pure V that I have had on several bikes over the years.

Tesy riding is the only way to go.

·
Registered
468 Posts
assas1n said:
Some saddle marketing says its for releaving preassure.
The key word here is marketing.
A manufacturer of practically anything will claim anything if they think it will get them a sale.

Once again I repeat - TEST RIDE before purchaseing is the ONLY way to tell what will be comfortable for you.

·
Registered
555 Posts
jeffgre_6163 said:
Test riding is the only way to go.
True. To narrow your choices down, you need to measure your sit bones. You can do this at home or go to a bike shop.

Let's say your sit bones measure 130mm center to center. That eliminates all the narrow saddles from your choices. You'll want a saddle between 140 and 150mm. So a saddle around 5.5" to 5.75" will be right for you. Still, you'll probably have about 50 saddles to choose from in this size range. And not all of them will feel good. Most people make a compromise when it comes to saddles. I mean, you can't possibly try them all.

Maybe just buy 4 or 5 saddles in your size range and keep the one that feels best. The most painful saddles are the ones that are too small and/or have too much padding.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, i just installed the saddle and at least from a 10 minute street ride it feels ok.

But i have one doubt, how far forward or receased must the saddle by adjusted ?
At the moment i have it quite a bit receased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.