Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few days open and hadn't been riding recently so I went to wash the bike and get it ready to go. When I got around the thin plates that hold the top part of the shock link I noticed a crack at the seat tube joint/weld. I guess this is exactly what the warranty is for but still so sad. I've sacrificed shins/elbows/hips to keep from denting and scratching my prized team color 575 (cause I heal, bikes don't), it's a shame to see it go down like this.

It was Friday afternoon so I'll have to wait until Monday to talk to them at length. Has anyone here experienced this and the warranty process? I hope this process is relatively quick, it's amazing how bad you want to ride when you can't!

Here's a pic of the crack. I'll let you all know what happens.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found out today that I'm getting a new front triangle! I'm stoked that I get another bike to get back on the trail with, unfortunately they don't have any more team color ones so I'm gonna have to give the white a try. It should just be a few hundred dollars and I'll be back in the game, kinda odd that it costs that much to get going again with a warranty replacement but at least I'm going to be riding again.

·
Banned
486 Posts
NogaroHeli said:
I just found out today that I'm getting a new front triangle! I'm stoked that I get another bike to get back on the trail with, unfortunately they don't have any more team color ones so I'm gonna have to give the white a try. It should just be a few hundred dollars and I'll be back in the game, kinda odd that it costs that much to get going again with a warranty replacement but at least I'm going to be riding again.
What exactly are you having to pay for other than a rebuild at your dealer? I assume you're getting a new style front tri, do you have to pay for the dogbone conversion?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
eyescream said:
What exactly are you having to pay for other than a rebuild at your dealer? I assume you're getting a new style front tri, do you have to pay for the dogbone conversion?

Yep and if the dealer wants to charge you a build feel just tell them no thanks and swap the triangle yourself.

·
Registered
851 Posts
When my frame cracked (more of a tear), Yeti did the triangle swap. They did good work and they were really quick - 2 weeks. That includes shipping back and forth from the east coast. I built my own bike once it was back, the LBS only charged me for shipping and I need a new seat post when it got back (they changed the diameter). Yeti is stand up, they will take care of you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright here's the final update. YETI ROCKS! Apparently my bike shop and I weren't having the best luck with communication and throughout the process I kept hearing that it was going to cost from $150-500. Once Yeti got the frame they said they'd swap out the front triangle and give me the dogbone kit to run my old rear triangle. I didn't want to wait through the weekend for shipping so I asked if I could just come pick it up at the factory, they said sure and I hopped in the car. Once I got there they had my old rear triangle mounted on the new one and had an envelope of stickers waiting with it :thumbsup: Yeti didn't want any payment, I called the bike shop and they said it was all covered and I didn't owe them anything either, it was covered 100%!

I got the build finished last night and just got back from my first ride on it, it's badass! It's super stiff. I didn't realize how much my 07 flexed until I rode the same stuff on this one, I love it. I was initially really bummed about not being able to get the team colors frame but this white one looks so hot, I wouldn't take back my 07 team colors frame (that I loved!) for anything. I love this bike. I love Yeti and their customer service as well. I've already converted a bunch of friends to Yeti and I'm gonna keep that going. I'm so happy and relieved to be riding again!

Thanks Yeti!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts