Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since I posted but now I have a story worth telling. About a month ago I was in northern calif visiting family and the night before going on a ride in the plush, green foothills my bike was stolen. Jackasses couldn't have had worse timing because I was so excited that I got up early and bam bike was gone. Well the insurance company has been good to me and gave me $3700 for a bike I paid $2200 for three years ago. This gave me a great opportunity to get a bike that is close to my dream ride. After tons of test rides and evaluation I thought the yeti sb75 was it but ended up with a Santa Cruz bronson alloy. I just picked her up today and can't wait for tomorrow to go play. Adventure Bikes was very patient with me which I greatly appreciate. Sure sucked losing the old bike but except for my deductible and some extra cash I now have one hell of a bike! See ya out there.

·
dirt visionary
6,503 Posts
Sucky but nice score on the rebound . Keep the rubber side down buddy .

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
When I hear happy ending there is only 1 thing I think about, and getting a new bike ain't it.

It's nice to hear you got what you wanted, have fun on it, see ya out there!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
What is up with Northern California and bike thefts... I thought that place was full of pot smoking hippys.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
So you post about committing insurance fraud.
Full replacement value is probably what type if insurance the OP had. If the bike he bought 3 years ago costs 3700 today, that is what he gets. It is not insurance fraud. I don't understand the need to hate on a dude that is just sharing his stoke-age on being able to upgrade.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...sounds about right.
Seriously? Insurance Fraud? You are an idiot! Thanks for bashing me! Kinda hard to commit fraud these days as they want original receipts along with other info.

BTW- I really like the bike... I could tell a big difference between the FSR and VPP suspension.

·
Registered
572 Posts
gave me $3700 for a bike I paid $2200 for three years ago
Dont get so upset when the LITTLE information you provide implies fraud, and readers think just that. Thanks for the name calling too. With tactics like that, you should pursue a political career.

Enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Dont get so upset when the LITTLE information you provide implies fraud, and readers think just that. Thanks for the name calling too. With tactics like that, you should pursue a political career.

Enjoy your bike.
I'd rather be called an idiot than be falsely accused of insurance fraud...

·
Black and Sticky
754 Posts
What made you choose the Bronson over the SB75? I'm sort of passively shopping for a new ride.

Oh and glad for your good, bad luck. Enjoy the new ride!

Bob

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There were a couple deciding factors but mostly I wouldn't have been as happy with less travel. My last bike had 140mm and I wanted just that little bit more. The Yeti also felt a little heavy on the front which concerned me for going up ledges but could have been the setup. I had riden a Bronson Carbon last year and it felt great but it was like $8k which is not in my toy budget. When I first rode the Bronson Alloy it felt all worng and I was disappointed however I went back and asked them to set it up the way I liked and it made all the difference. My choice would have been to give Rage Cycles my business but Murphey would let me have his new SB 66 Carbon. Ha ha. I can't wait until Thursday when I get to go riding again. I hope this info helps

1 - 20 of 22 Posts