Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the squirrel gap epic last weekend, and I swear someone tried to sabotage the trail. Many fresh cut (with a saw) branches placed on or near the trail. Some were even buried in the ground to look like limbs hanging in the way of the trail. Who would you report this activity to? :mad:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Questions?

There's been a ton of trailwork on Squirrel in the last couple of months. Some of that included cutting out the big trees and putting in some new water bars. Is this what you saw, or did it look more like the cut out stuff had been moved to create dangerous obstacles? I would be very curious- and if it's the latter, the appropriate party to POLITELY AND PROFESSIONALLY make contact with is the Pisgah Ranger Station. Those caps were meant for emphasis- the local trail advocacy community is working very hard to cement strong relationships with the people in charge of this district and all interactions with MTBer's should leave a pleasant taste in their mouth, all of the time. They hold all the cards. Peace, Mike

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike Brown said:
There's been a ton of trailwork on Squirrel in the last couple of months. Some of that included cutting out the big trees and putting in some new water bars. Is this what you saw, or did it look more like the cut out stuff had been moved to create dangerous obstacles? I would be very curious- and if it's the latter, the appropriate party to POLITELY AND PROFESSIONALLY make contact with is the Pisgah Ranger Station. Those caps were meant for emphasis- the local trail advocacy community is working very hard to cement strong relationships with the people in charge of this district and all interactions with MTBer's should leave a pleasant taste in their mouth, all of the time. They hold all the cards. Peace, Mike
I thought maybe some of the limbs laying in the trail were just coincidence, until I saw some burried in the ground "disguised" as bushes or trees. That is what made me the most unhappy. I wouldn't go in "with guns a blazin' "(running a foul mouth) as I know that's not the way to get things done. I was just upset at the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.