Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for the left and right shifter tension adjuster screws on a 8 speed XTR 951 shifter set.

Any help much appreciated!

Marcel

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
marcel-titus said:
Hi,

I am looking for the left and right shifter tension adjuster screws on a 8 speed XTR 951 shifter set.

Any help much appreciated!

Marcel
Do you mean the barrel adjusters?

Didja try your LBS? Mine tends to be really good about stocking all the little widgets.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
forkboy said:
Do you mean the barrel adjusters?

Didja try your LBS? Mine tends to be really good about stocking all the little widgets.
Hi!

Indeed, the barrel adjusters!
I'll ask my LBS tomorrow but most LBS's here do not / did not carry the high end stuff...
Let's try....

THANKS

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
marcel-titus said:
Hi!

Indeed, the barrel adjusters!
I'll ask my LBS tomorrow but most LBS's here do not / did not carry the high end stuff...
Let's try....

THANKS
You can use any barrel adjuster from pretty much any Shimano indexed shifter. Doesn't have to be XTR.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xtr 951 barrel adjusters

Thanks guys!
Indeed the ones for the 952 seems to fit.

What about this:

This is a 950 set, with the left barrel adjuster different from the right?
Is the left a original 950 and the right a 951 or 952?

:confused:

Also saw these type:

This is the 952?

So three different kind of adjusters in a real short time period?

These all fit my 951's?

I saw some on internet bike shops, the 952 this is, for just a couple of bucks....
(did not check my LBS yet...)

·
Old man on a bike
12,389 Posts
Have both a set of 950 and 951s, have had both since new, the left shifter barrel in your first photo matches up to the type on my 950, the right the 951. Never noticed that before. I think they should all be interchangeble, they're just different styles, don't think the diameter or threading changed (but haven't tried). One thing I noticed in going thru some of my stuff the last few days was the odd clamp bolt they used on the 950s (I had lost one somehow over the last few years it was in a parts box or two), but a chainring bolt subbed nicely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts