Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of selling my 07 S-WORKS STUMPYand buying a 08' IBIS MOJO SL WTF ? I realize everyone on IBIS forum would say of course , but , can any diehard Specialized fan make a good argument for sticking w/ my stupmy s-works .

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
I love specialized bikes, and was looking into buying a Mojo over my stumpy, but not the SL WTF. I bought the stumpy due to having a local dealer (the closest Ibis dealer was over 100 miles away) and getting the customer service from them, and Specialized Lifetime warranty on the carbon. With that being said, I have yet to hear of someone buying a Mojo in any trim level and regretting the purchase, so i dont see you being disappointed with the top of the line SL with the WTF components. My other thing was that I could test the stumpy from the shop before i bought it, with the mojo i just had to order it and hope i liked it when it arrives. Its a tough choice, they are both great bikes, your actually in a very good situation, as most people would be happy with either one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was lusting for the Mojo based on what I was reading when Specialized came thru town with their Test bikes. I rode the 08 S Works Stumpy and immediately loved it. I then went to my LBS and was able to demo the Mojo the next day. For some reason the Mojo did not put that same smile on my face that the Stumpy did. It could have been that the Mojo was not set up properly but I did not like the way it cornered. If you are spending that kind of cash I would try to get a demo on actual trails prior to making the purchase.
I went with a 08 Carbon Pro Sutmpy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the Stumpy, but 2 things that you'll need to get used to on the Mojo, is the low bottom bracket and packing water on your back. It is a fun bike. But if you're going to spend that kind of money on a WTF, then you better test ride a few times on your regular trails.
If there is something that you don't like about your S-Works, then go try the Mojo. If you're diggin the S-Works, then there probably isn't a reason to switch, especially if you're going to be putting out more money.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Perhaps not the most helpful, but I currently ride a a slightly modified (higher BB height) 04 FSR with a Fox rp3. I've ridden the Mojo a few times now and really like it... but... it feels a little "soft" to me. The Mojo has more flex than my FSR. If you read around, you will notice others complaining about it. The flex translates into a smoother ride, but it may not be what you are looking for. The Mojo does climb better than my FSR.

I'm waiting to test ride the new Santa Cruz LT and see how that compares to the Mojo.

·
Registered
118 Posts
robertinoNY said:
I'm thinking of selling my 07 S-WORKS STUMPYand buying a 08' IBIS MOJO SL WTF ? I realize everyone on IBIS forum would say of course , but , can any diehard Specialized fan make a good argument for sticking w/ my stupmy s-works .
I took the Ibis Mojo for a demo ride and I have to admit the most fun bike I've ridden to date. It is light. I ordered the Mojo SL, XT and was scheduled for delivery 2nd week of December after many assurances from the dealer. At the last moment they said there would be a 1 month delay or so. So I canceled and got into a pissing match with the dealer. (I was going on a biking vacation) Thank you Visa.

I believe there is a very long wait to get your frame in. There was a detailed write up by Dusty Bottoms regarding rear flex and recently I read a post (Different rider) which said his Mojo SL cracked on the 3rd or 4th ride.(With Pictures) WoW! Scary.

You're absolutely correct, everyone on the Ibis Forums loves the Mojo. I

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.