Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I haven't ridden one yet, but I'm thinking about ordering one, too. The only thing I have is that I wrote Specialized and asked about the 10 speed cassette. Apparently that is incorrect. It will be a 27 speed with an XT 9 speed cassette. Of course, the conversion to the XX 2x10 will be possible. Or the responder (Justin) is full of it, heh.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been told mine will be a 3x10.

I've also heard it weighs 22.5lbs which is pretty amazing for a 140mm travel trail bike!

·
Registered
166 Posts
The S-works stumpy with be a 3x10. I've ordered one. I am having them switch the front chain ring to the 42/26, from 22/32/44.

It kind of stupid for specialized to put a 22 front chain ring on the front with a 36 cog in the back. I don't think I can spin that fast!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey toytech when is yours coming? I have to wait at least a month for stock here in the UK :-(

Will you be changing any of the stock parts? Any plans to protect that carbon frame?

·
Registered
266 Posts
toytech64 said:
The S-works stumpy with be a 3x10. I've ordered one. I am having them switch the front chain ring to the 42/26, from 22/32/44.

It kind of stupid for specialized to put a 22 front chain ring on the front with a 36 cog in the back. I don't think I can spin that fast!!!!!!!!
I hope you're right, but the guys at Specialized said the website was incorrect. And yeah, I agree. With the 10 sp cassette, I don't see the need for the triple in front. I'd get it switched as well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Has any one else heard this rumor that the S-works stumpy is not cominng with the XX drive train. Or is this just a rumor??????????

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have to say that I love the understated looks of the Sworks frame and overall think it will be a fantastic bike my only niggling issue is the all black fork. I like having nice graphics on the front forks perhaps a little more detail on them would have made it perfect for me.

Jealous of those waiting on one!

·
Registered
266 Posts
toytech64 said:
Has any one else heard this rumor that the S-works stumpy is not cominng with the XX drive train. Or is this just a rumor??????????

This is a copy of my email to Specialized and their two responses.

< br > ***This is an automatic message, do not reply to it*** < br > Recently you requested personal assistance from Specialized's customer support center. Below is our customer service agent's reply to your request.

We apologize if this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days if you wish further assistance.

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in Specialized.

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question here.

Subject
2010 S-Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon

Discussion Thread
Response (Andrew) 10/02/2009 04:39 PM
Chris,

I don't think it's that difficult at all, you can purchase the chainrings & spider designed for our off road cranks separately

you can see that here

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc...pComponentsMTBCranks&eid=5135&menuItemId=9305

these items are out of stock right now, but they will be back in.

You do need a shop to make the switch, it's not simple at all, and needs some special tools.

-Andrew
Response (Justin) 10/02/2009 01:22 PM
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your support and interest in Specialized products. Here at Specialized, we are excited to assist you in any way that we can.

The specs on the website are wrong. I am showing is comes with an XT 9-spd cassette.

Please feel free to contact me at the phone number and extension listed below if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Justin
(877) 808-8154 Ext. 5461
Customer (Chris Hitch) 10/02/2009 11:26 AM
In the Tech Specs section of the USA portion of the website, it lists the 22/32/44, and it also lists the SRAM XX 10 speed 11-36t cassette. Is this bike actually a 30 speed, or is one or the other of the above incorrect?

If the bike is actually a 30 speed, how difficult will it be to switch the front to the double chainring 42/26?

Thanks,

Chris Hitch

Question Reference #091002-000011
Product Level 1: All Bikes
Product Level 2: Mountain
Product Level 3: XC Trail
Product Level 4: Stumpjumper FSR
Category Level 1: Specifications
Date Created: 10/02/2009 11:26 AM
Last Updated: 10/02/2009 04:39 PM
Region: USA

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just got off the phone with my bike shop, who just got off the phone with his Specialized rep.

The S-works stumpys are coming with XX drive train except the front cranks which is Specialized.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just got off the phone with my bike shop, who just got off the phone with his Specialized rep.

The S-works stumpys are coming with XX drive train except the front cranks which is Specialized.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
right, i have the same info. sworks only i believe (would have been disappointed in xt spec considering other components), the rest are standard 3x9. clever speccing from my point of view, allows fairly cheap upgrade to 2x10 with truvativ spider to sworks cranks and f shifter/f der for those that want to, or stay with 3x10 and use what you need!

·
Registered
153 Posts
my waiting is almost over! i checked with LBS this morning as had heard the delay with 'brain' issue bikes. he gladly informed me my sworks was actually in transit, so cant wait now! will post pics, thoughts when first arrives.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dparry - awesome! Please can I ask which country you are in; I've been told up to 5 more weeks for mine in the UK.

Be sure to post plenty of good pics of it and tell us how it rides :-D

·
Registered
153 Posts
I live in California. (moved out here from UK, Swindon, last July). 5 weeks would mean that it must be leaving US pretty soon i would imagine. are they built here or in far east?
shouldnt you be in bed ;-)?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure where it's built...I can't sleep until it arrives :)

If you change your mind about California, I'd be happy to house swap!

·
Registered
153 Posts
s-works has arrived

got the call from bike shop last night, so picked it up at 18.30. will head out tomorrow for first ride and post what i fully expect to be very positive. looks awesome in the flesh and has the XX rear as most people thought. let me know if people want specifics.

1 - 20 of 619 Posts