Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Am looking at getting my 94approx s-works resprayed and decal'ed up... but can't really find an exact colour I want/like, lookin at the darker maroon/blacky colour with grey decals?

Can anyone send their pics here with the colour they perceive the frame and decals to be? :)

thanks . Khaled

ps. here's what am after, but the pics aren't that good - what u recone to what colour that is? (yer am a bit colour blind too :}

Attachments

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
One problem that you might face in trying to get matches for that color is Specialized used to have different frame colors for Europe only compared to what was sold in the states. So us folks here in the states might not even recognize that color if that was a Euro only color.

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,749 Posts
From Those Pics

That frame looks to be painted the same as the S-Works Carbon. Black paint and silver decals with a purple irridescent clear coar over it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey... That is my old bike!

Hey,

That was my S/J Team I sold a few months ago. The factory color is a dark green. I touched it up with paint from a 99 Honda Accord paint code# (G-79P) Dark Emerald Green that was very close before I sold it.

Hope that helps. -John Y.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JJY said:
Hey,

That was my S/J Team I sold a few months ago. The factory color is a dark green. I touched it up with paint from a 99 Honda Accord paint code# (G-79P) Dark Emerald Green that was very close before I sold it.

Hope that helps. -John Y.
cool, cheers - what colour was the decals also?

- so thats defo a s-works stumpjumper colour? - do you know what colours specialized did for their s-works? cheers / khaled

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
hahahhaha, tinks on a retro forum, new I'd get to ya eventually ;D
got to curly already, 94 yeti pro FRO, 91 yo eddy & 92 yeti ultimate this year already! :D

u tried asking this same question on the specialized forum?

·
Registered
17 Posts
S-Works Steel

Here's a picture that might be useful or of interest, sorry I don't have any higher resolution images available at the moment:

This black one is probably a '94 model. I had a later model, possibly a '95 model, which was Shark Grey in colour - the following year they went to Team red here in the UK and ran with that for two years until they stopped importing them. These last two years of production went to the more populat 1 1/8th headtube. Before that they were all 1".

·
Safe
106 Posts
colour plus decals

Thought I'd drag this thread up to ask if anyone has any more S-Works Steel pictures, especially of the reddish/purple one that was about in 91-92.

I've just picked one up

It's pretty tatty so a respray maybe in order. Anyone have any luck with new decals for these?

Also how did people route the rear brake cable when not using cantis (there is no cable stop only a 'noodle')

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rutteger said:
Thought I'd drag this thread up to ask if anyone has any more S-Works Steel pictures, especially of the reddish/purple one that was about in 91-92.

I've just picked one up

It's pretty tatty so a respray maybe in order. Anyone have any luck with new decals for these?

Also how did people route the rear brake cable when not using cantis (there is no cable stop only a 'noodle')
yeah I was lookin at that piccy for a respray on mine - what colour is that? lialac type? - get argos or daves yates in london to re-spray, make decals, and get them to weld a noodle on, thats what am gonna do when I know the colour! :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Noodle

rutteger said:
With previous bikes I have modified the cable guiding tube that is brazed onto the seat tube so that you can fit the topmost part of a v-brake noodle onto it. This involved a little bit of filling and some epoxy resin. Once this is in place you can run a small length of outer cable to the v-brake and noodle on the back of the bike.

If you are getting the bike resprayed, a good frame builder should be able to remove the pipe on the seat tube and braze on a cable stop onto the top tube.

·
Registered
135 Posts
With previous bikes I have modified the cable guiding tube that is brazed onto the seat tube so that you can fit the topmost part of a v-brake noodle onto it. This involved a little bit of filling and some epoxy resin. Once this is in place you can run a small length of outer cable to the v-brake and noodle on the back of the bike.

If you are getting the bike resprayed, a good frame builder should be able to remove the pipe on the seat tube and braze on a cable stop onto the top tube.
The lazy way is to order one of those problem solver clamp-on cable stops from QBP...
Not pretty but gets the job done very well functionally.

·
Safe
106 Posts
khaledb,

the frame is grey in colour. What colour are you planning on getting yours done in?

Ifrider,

good idea with the v-noodle. I take it you remove the top cable stop and liner and feed them in from the rear of the noodle?

If I get a respray I reckon I'll get a cable stop welded on - it's a nice frame but not a super classic.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Built In V-brake Stop....

Hey,
Try this low budget V-Brake fix. I drilled a housing size hole no one end and a cable size hole on the other of a seat binder bolt & ran the cable to the noodle. I have canti's installed but tossed the V on for the photo. -jy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
JJY said:
Hey,
Try this low budget V-Brake fix. I drilled a housing size hole no one end and a cable size hole on the other of a seat binder bolt & ran the cable to the noodle. I have canti's installed but tossed the V on for the photo. -jy
ghetto fabulous!!!!!!!!!!...........................

Will

·
Registered
17 Posts
rutteger said:

I've just picked one up

That color is sooooo hot. Hell, that frame is sooooo hot...

I had the chance to (as a 15-year-old) buy a '96 steel S-Works with full ('96) XT and a Halson fork for $1000 in Sept/Oct '98. As much as I love the Stumpjumper I bought the next season and still ride, I still have second thoughts! It was a pretty sweet ride... it was finished in olive and the thin tubing looked pretty cool.

Nice ghetto-fab V-brake adaptations too BTW :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.