Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this forum it's very difficult to see threads about this bike, that in Italy is very appreciated and admired.
So, owners of specy ht, post your bikes!
This is mine
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Mmmm....

S-Works M5 Hardtails are the sexiest xc race hardtails around. No doubt about it. I'm definitely getting one if I start racing. Hot bike, gian70. =)
 

·
Boomslang
Joined
·
159 Posts
synkronized23 said:
S-Works M5 Hardtails are the sexiest xc race hardtails around. No doubt about it. I'm definitely getting one if I start racing. Hot bike, gian70. =)
How much does it weigh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your opinions.
The bike weights 10 kg ( 22.04 lbs) with pedals, bottle cage and computer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
Wow, my '05 weighed in a 25lbs stock with nothing else on it. Surprised the '06's are that much lighter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
gian70,

Killer ride - I was looking at hardtails for myself and always wanted an S-Works M5! The specification for the headset state...

"1 1/8" threadless, intergrated 10mm insertion alloy cups, sealed cartridge bearing"

Please don't tell me that they used some integrated proprietary headset system. Can I put a Chris King on that frame?

gian70 said:
In this forum it's very difficult to see threads about this bike, that in Italy is very appreciated and admired.
So, owners of specy ht, post your bikes!
This is mine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
Fox remote lockout lever ?

Hi Gian! You've got one super nice bike!

May I ask you where did you get the remote lockout for your Fox RLT fork ? I e-mailed Fox about that some months ago and they replied that it won't be coming to production forks due to its complexity...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Celt said:
Please don't tell me that they used some integrated proprietary headset system. Can I put a Chris King on that frame?
Yes Celt, You can put your Chris King.
I had the same doubt about my headset ricthey wcs, but I used it.
Ciao
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Archangel said:
May I ask you where did you get the remote lockout for your Fox RLT fork ? I e-mailed Fox about that some months ago and they replied that it won't be coming to production forks due to its complexity...
Ciao Archangel, I bought my fork online (www.chainreactioncycles.com) and the remote lockout was enclosed. In any case, I heard that Fox stopped the production exactly to avoid problems of maintenance and after sales service.... I'm keeping one's fingers crossed...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
gian70,

You're killing me with these pictures!!

Went right to my local Specialized dealer to take a look for myself...beautiful frame that has everything I'm looking for.

But would you image that I can't get one? Shimano is short on parts and I was told there would be a significant wait before Specialized can even build the bikes. It's cold here anyway, so the wait is no big deal.

Thanks for answering my questions and post more pics if you have them!!
 

·
K n e e m o i
Joined
·
506 Posts
I thought that was those carbon ones. They look pretty much identical though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
specy

Great bike Gian!!!
I will buy one at end 2006 race season ... the carbon frame actually!!!
I do love it!!!!!!

How does it handle?
Do you mount an 80 or 100 mm fork?

Let me know

Ciao

Max

PS: where are u from?
 

·
May contain nuts
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Archangel said:
Hi Gian! You've got one super nice bike!

May I ask you where did you get the remote lockout for your Fox RLT fork ? I e-mailed Fox about that some months ago and they replied that it won't be coming to production forks due to its complexity...
Get a remote Poploc from a Rockshox dealer. They're cheap and reliable. Friends with Scapels have thrown away the original Fox lockouts and fitted Poploc's for the rear shock... Mounting isn't as prominent, but they don't have a pretty blue lever...

Nice ride, BTW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
maxturku said:
Great bike Gian!!!
I will buy one at end 2006 race season ... the carbon frame actually!!!
I do love it!!!!!!

How does it handle?
Do you mount an 80 or 100 mm fork?

Let me know

Ciao

Max

PS: where are u from?
Ciao Max, I come from Alessandria, Italy, and you?
I mounted a 80 mm fork but the bike can accept 100mm fork (maximum).
Unfortunately I diden't use yet my bike but I think that this is a bike conceived for racing only.
 

·
the catalan connection
Joined
·
1,266 Posts
Specialized is top routing ??????!!!!!

These are really good news ! Who´s left?.... Cannondale?

Nice bike.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top