Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got my nomad about 2 months ago after 4 mths of waiting. i'm only 5'4" and i opt for 's' size frame after refering to SC sizing chart.

i feel so cramped with the new frame... i thought its because of the bulging top tube but later i realized the top tube was only measured 20.5" compared to 21.9" published. now i'm using a layback seat post but it wont do any good either.

i emailed to SC about the problem 1 month ago but.... theres nothing so far

what should i do??:confused:

cheers

·
Registered
729 Posts
Small

zz67 said:
Hi,

Got my nomad about 2 months ago after 4 mths of waiting. i'm only 5'4" and i opt for 's' size frame after refering to SC sizing chart.

i feel so cramped with the new frame... i thought its because of the bulging top tube but later i realized the top tube was only measured 20.5" compared to 21.9" published. now i'm using a layback seat post but it wont do any good either.

cheers
If you are truely 5'4" then you are a small there is no way that a medium would suit you. What stem size are you running? Remember that the pubished numbers are effective top tube lengths which means measured horizontally. Set back seatpost will only change the way the bike feels when you are sittin.

·
mmm
952 Posts
zz67 said:
Hi,

cheers
Are you measuring the actual Top tube or effective top tube? two different numbers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am the same size as you and have had a small nomad for nearly a year.
I noticed a similiar issue when I got the bike. I use a thomson in line post so I adjusted the saddle by moving it back slightly. I use a 70mm long fsa stem which is fine for normal riding. I use a 50mm stem for downhill / bikeparks, where climbing isn't required.

The bike cockpit is more compact than my previous bike but it still climbs well, and is brilliant on the downs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.