Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to purchase a chain and cog for my S.S. I Purchased a fourier cog that states 3/32" chain use.Also can I use a 1/8" with a standard 3/32" S.S. cog...
I would perfer a chain that uses a snap clip for ease of removal and dont mid spending a few extra $$ for a better chain.
thx for any advise

sram...pc1 ss
connex track (connex calls this a 9.2mm,will this work with the s.s. cog)
kmc z610hx 3/32",hl710l,z510h 1/8"
wipperman ss white star (this is listed as a 1/"8 will this work ??)

·
Registered
332 Posts
i'm not sure my what i have on my monocog (whatever came stock), but my fixed gear wheelset came with an 1/8in cog, so i run an 1/8in chain on it, but i have a 3/32in chainring. the guy at the shop said it was fine, and it hasn't fallen off yet or seen any excessive wear.

that said, i would have just gone with a 3/32in cog if it hadn't come with one

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
SRAM PC-850 with the Powerlink is a popular choice around these parts. do a search, this topic has been covered a bit. Screw that KMC nonsense - broke too many of those!
KMC-710SL with is a popular choice around these parts. do a search, this topic has been covered a bit. Screw that SRAM 8spd nonsense - broke too many of those!

we all have different experiences i guess. makes the choices tough but at least we have choices...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.