Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody from around the City of Redlands, Highlands, Loma Linda, Colton, Riverside etc.wants to ride the Santa Ana river trail this weekend or next weekend or every weekend. I am new to this area and Location,So please introduce me to the trail. I have not ridden for about 3-4 months now.:madman: We will meetup at my shop at 1564 Orange st. Redlands, CA 92374 opened at 5am with plenty of parking lot and also serve coffee and cold drinks . Im only 3 block away from Hwy 38. So far my wife and I are up to it. If you know the trail please lead and we will follow.. Lets meet up at 6:00am to 6:30am. Just an update we are only weekend warrior, so we are not healthy to do a 10-12 miles workout;) . Anybody can join.. Cheer.

Time: 6:00am to 6:30 am

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
raysracing said:
Just an update we are only weekend warrior, so we are not healthy to do a 10-12 miles workout;) . Anybody can join.. Cheer.

Time: 6:00am to 6:30 am

SART can be a tough ride if you are not in shape....but the trail is easy to follow you don't really need a guide.....there are sufficient trail markers to show you the way...

For you guys I would recommend driving your car down the fire-road just past Angelus Oaks (look for the big turn-out on the left). The SART trail-heads will be visible on your left and right...... park your car at any turn-out (Adventure Pass required) and go riding as far as your legs can take you then turn-around and ride back......it feels like you are out in the middle of nowhere but Hwy 38 is always just above you on the ridge.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you have a day in mind to do this? I am riding to the beach on Sat morn but could possibly do this on Sunday morn. I am in Redlands also. Shoot me a PM with some contact info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sunday morn, sound good. I will PM you. By the way should we take our hardtail or full sauser for S.A.R.T trail riding.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
raysracing said:
Sunday morn, sound good. I will PM you. By the way should we take our hardtail or full sauser for S.A.R.T trail riding.

SART is mainly buffed single-track.....rocks and tree roots are few and far between......I would take your lightest bike which is probably your hard-tail.......

·
Registered
551 Posts
certain sections you might wanna walk because there's nothing but sheer cliffs on one side. If you fall, you fall straight down 30-40 yards (death is highly likely).

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
chauzie said:
certain sections you might wanna walk because there's nothing but sheer cliffs on one side. If you fall, you fall straight down 30-40 yards (death is highly likely).

ooops....I did forget to mention that :D

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
stick to the hard tail, no amount of suspension will save you if you go over the cliff.....

but seriously, there are maybe two short sections of trail that have that type of exposure (going over a cliff).....these sections are obvious and most riders walk them ....

if you have an XC full suspension bike that would be fine, but anything over 5 inches of travel would be overkill on this trail , you'll just end up having to pedal around the extra weight....I think a SS is a perfect bike because of the rolling nature of the trail ...

I would be more concerned with the blind turns.....if you are the lead rider I would slow down around these to avoid a collision, a real possibility since most riders ride this in both directions.....

Also watch for stinging nettles here and there, and also the creeks are still running a bit high....nothing dangerous but you might get your feet wet trying to cross them...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh man that is a sick trail as you describe it. Wow,creeks running and getting wet.. This is what i have been waiting for. So far our meet up is on Sunday at 6:15 am. Any body can come. Cheer

·
Registered
252 Posts
Never been to that trail but Sorry cant make it this weekend. I have to deal with 115' weather in Las Vegas trying to play golf (like and idiot)!!! Me and my boys would be free the following weekend if you go. Good choice starting at 6:30 cause its gonna be hotter than a mada! Good luck. If you end up going with just the wife, Im sure you can find a video on youtube on that trail. Me and my kids look up all trails we never tried so we kinda know what to expect! PM me if you go next weekend!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet, will see you guys tomorrow, and we are also up for next week too. Let make next week riding on a Saturday 6am to 6:30am.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts