Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u remember the s.a.f.e. lines?

those where hydraulic schift lines (kabels).
u could use them with normal schifters and mech.

they were verry expensive .
so they didnt catch on.
but where they any good?
is somebody still riding them?

i cant find anny information on them.
can someboddy help me
i would be using them on mij s bike.

grtz, wouter

·
Person
775 Posts
wouterbiker said:
i just posted this old magazine ad from +10 year ago.

has anyone ever bought one of these?
or where they never sold?

it looked like a good idee
what went wrong?
They were very expensive, and you still had to use bits of cable to connect the hydraulic line to the derailleur. Which you can sort of see in the pictures from the ad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Baulz said:
They were very expensive, and you still had to use bits of cable to connect the hydraulic line to the derailleur. Which you can sort of see in the pictures from the ad.
i know they were expencive.
did anywone bought them?
or where they never sold?
it seems like they ran this ad for 2+ years in mtbaction.
but i know no one who bought one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TheRedMantra said:
Dont remember who posted this one, but I saved the pic for some reason.
that's the first real picture i see of them.
they look realy cool.
does anyone have one?
i would like to buy one if someone would sells one.

if some one finds one in his garage let me know.

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
I always thought those looked like a great idea.

They had that same advertisement in many magazines in that era (at least from around 94-96, maybe more) but they were quite an expensive product so I never tried them. I remember seeing a test in either MBA or Mountainbike where they were said to work very well. I also thought it very cool that they were based in San Dimas California just like Bill and Ted.

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
Lutarious said:
I think pulstar hubs came from San Dimas too. Wasn't that right near san clemente/dana point?
Looks like it's a little North of Pomona and a little West of Rancho Cucomonga. I'm not familiar with the LA area so I used Google Earth to look up San Dimas California. It's pretty funny because if you zoom in far enough it shows you where "Bill and Ted's High School" is. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
safe lines

Found one in my toolbox, Tried using it on my DH bike in the "90", Worked really good for a while, Then the pistons would get a little grit in them and start acting finicky. Finally got tired of playing with it and went back to cable. Cool little system!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actual Size said:
Found one in my toolbox, Tried using it on my DH bike in the "90", Worked really good for a while, Then the pistons would get a little grit in them and start acting finicky. Finally got tired of playing with it and went back to cable. Cool little system!!
would u sell it to me.
i would be verry interisted.
mail me: [email protected]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actual Size said:
does enyone know Actual Size.

i would be really interisted in buying this.

or if sommeone has one of these in his toolbox.
let me know.

grtz, wouter

·
Registered
245 Posts
Did SAFE also make hydraulic brake actuators?

I saw some "thumb" brakes on some tri-geek handlebars the other day at the shop. They weren't brake systems, but more like interrupters. They were pretty cool but no identification on them at all. Looks like the same fittings as the pictures above for the shifters.

·
Registered
444 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.