Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy my last bike for a while and am leaning towards custom geometry. I really like the idea of Exogrid or just the Ti frame on its own, but I am concerned about the general flexiness of titanium and how it might affect the link up with rear suspension as well as pedaling.

Are there any significant drawbacks to the RX Ti Exogrid or Ti over the aluminum verison?

·
Registered
268 Posts
if you're an extreme weight weenie, it's around 2 oz heavier i believe.

other than that, more durable frame, more compliant ride, still plenty stiff, the custom geometry, ....can't really go wrong

the flex of titanium isn't enough to damage the linkage, and the linkage itself stiffens up the frame to be less compliant to side loads.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You wont notice any frame flex..

I am on a custom TI 100RX, with the tandem down tube for my 185lbs...

I do not notice any flex,

Pros :
Custom geom,
Durable finish
Ding/Dent/Scratch/ brake lever proof

Cons
heavier by about 1/4 lb - maybe more
Price
exogrid looks gimmicky

lawhoo said:
I want to buy my last bike for a while and am leaning towards custom geometry. I really like the idea of Exogrid or just the Ti frame on its own, but I am concerned about the general flexiness of titanium and how it might affect the link up with rear suspension as well as pedaling.

Are there any significant drawbacks to the RX Ti Exogrid or Ti over the aluminum verison?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.