Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
They say I have a problem
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious where people have gotten their prescription riding glasses. I've been using an old pair of glasses for the last few years, but I think it's time for a proper pair of glasses. My optometrist can get Bolle glasses, which my wife just bought, but I'd like to have other options. Also, I'd like to be able to try them on and not just order them in. I'm in the Hamilton area and not sure where to go.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
239 Posts
adidas

Take a look at the Adidas Evil Eye pros. They have a removable prescription clip and interchangeable lens. They have antifog lenses which have proved helpful on night laps in the 24 hour races.

The glasses with 2 sets of lenses and the prescription clip were somewhat pricey. I bought them 2-3 seasons ago & they were around $500 (well worth it in my opinion)

Adidas is carried pretty much everywhere. I know of at least 5 places in Barrie that carry them, one being a local bike store so you should have no problem finding a local shop and/or optometrist that carries them.

·
Banned
6,678 Posts
no need to go to a lot of expense

I use oversize safety glasses (Mr. Magoo type) after detaching a cornea on a branch a few years ago...tempered glass that doesn't scratch, cost about $100 ea, maybe less, make sure thathe Rx is marked "safety" to make them tax deductable

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Have you considered contact lenses? Much more affordable. Plus, you can pull the glasses off while riding and still see.

·
They say I have a problem
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been using glasses for almost 20 years and my vision isn't so bad I can't see without glasses. I guess I'm one of the freaks out there that doesn't mind wearing glasses, plus the thought of putting anything in my eye wigs me out...Hence the prescription sunglasses...

·
Banned
6,678 Posts
rbart4506 said:
I've been using glasses for almost 20 years and my vision isn't so bad I can't see without glasses. I guess I'm one of the freaks out there that doesn't mind wearing glasses, plus the thought of putting anything in my eye wigs me out...Hence the prescription sunglasses...
+1...i wear the oversize glasses for eye protection, especially on the commute and XC singletrack

One detached cornea was enough

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,961 Posts
Hey try any of the Rudy Project glasses?
There awesome I have been using them for 4 years now and no problems.
The first pair I had had a perscrip insert that NEVER came out unless you wanted it to and you could also put in different lenses.
Now on many of their frames you don't need the insert, you can just get your perscrip.made into lenses. As many as you want. many different options -Very easy,cool and IMHO affordable.
Check out their website -www.Rudyprojectusa.com
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.