Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
featherweight clydesdale
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RX is now 4 years old and I notice a little side to side play that wasn't there before. It cycles up and down smoothly with no up/down play. I detect a little play in the main pivot at the bottom bracket. I want another 4 years!!!!

What is MSRP on a bushing/bearing rebuild on a Racer X rear end?

Can I do it with basic tools (I do most all my own work, but draw the line at overhauling shocks)?

Can your typical shop handle it without screwing it up.

Thanks!

·
Dude!
132 Posts
Talk to Biker Bob about parts...I am doing this rebuild now and got all new bearings, bushings, and bolts from him. Best prices too. If you have done bearing pull/pressing before, you should be able to do it. I have about half of my Racer fitted with new bearings but my homemade bearing press is adequate at best and you have to be very careful about keeping the bearings aligned. There are some tough presses to do in the upper chainstay due to the uneven surfaces. The bottom pivot bearings are easier. I do need a proper press tool though but the Bicycle Research press is biiiig bucks.

There is some info on the Titus site as well...good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.