Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm thinking about buying a used, black Stage 1 Schwinn Rocket that comes with a Manitou Black fork and Fox Float rear shock. It also has an XTR front deruailler and a Titec seatpost. The guy let me take it home to look at it and clean it up a bit. There are no cracks, dents, or rust on the frame, only a few minor scratches, he took very good care of it. However, on the heads of the bolts, where the hex wrence goes in, that the rear suspension pivots on there is some rust. Should I be concerned? Also, can I remove the rust, like with some drops of WD40 or something else, or replace the bolts. Can they be replaced? If I can, I will try to post some pics. I was having problems with it telling me that that "the page is not ready" each time I click on upload. Anyway, thanks for the advice! :D

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
TiGuy said:
. However, on the heads of the bolts, where the hex wrence goes in, that the rear suspension pivots on there is some rust. Should I be concerned? Also, can I remove the rust, like with some drops of WD40 or something else, or replace the bolts.D
I think this is an X-post......but don't worry about the bolts...water is easily trapped there. you could put a dap of oil in the hex, but really there are no worries

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.