Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had a chance to ride up Armstrong Redwoods State Park Road. There are a few dirt loops that looked to be on fire roads that I didn't have time to explore. Does anyone have any info on these roads and any singletrack that may be relatively near by the Russian River area? Thanks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i lived just up the road in forestville for 4 years, by the hacienda bridge. all the singletrack i know about in that area is bootleg. we used to get up mega-early and ride armstrong just as the sun was coming up while the rangers and hikers were still in bed.

mw

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
We used to ride up the singletrack that goes up to Bullfrog Pond, but it's long since been designated no bikes. All of Austin Creek SRA, out behind Armstrong, is ridable, but I don't know of any singletrack in there. Here's a story about the recent addition to Sonoma Coast State Beach Park. It's surely not open to the public yet, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind volunteers patrolling the roads in there to make sure no one's poaching.

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050409/NEWS/504090304/1033/NEWS01

·
jra
423 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
Here's a story about the recent addition to Sonoma Coast State Beach Park. It's surely not open to the public yet, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind volunteers patrolling the roads in there to make sure no one's poaching.

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050409/NEWS/504090304/1033/NEWS01
I have in my grimy paws a pass that allows me legal access to the property. The legality aspect has never really been much of a deterrent for the local crowd anyway. The poor old lumber companies just don't get any respect. I was thinking it might be fun to offer a spin off ride of this area for the last Sunday of May by the Bay for those who've had enough of Bogg's, but the Ogre's Oathill ride sounds mighty tasty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.