Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Driving through central Victoria today I went the back way from Rushworth to Nagambie instead of through Murchison, for those who know the area. There is a signposted trail from Rushworth to Whroo which is an old gold mining area in the middle of a state park. The trail is narrow firetrail/singletrack and is freshly signposted with little bike and horse signs which was very nice to see. A real suprise considering the area. Nothing too exciting but it's undualting trail with little gullies etc, with heaps of potential for exploring off-shoots and historic sites. It's probably around 8km long, so by the time you ride out and have a look-see and head back it'd be a 20km jaunt. Not worth a special trip but if you're in the area with bikes, a nice way to spend half a day. I really like Rushworth, lots of history and a few old buildings. The bakery has large, cheap, quality items.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nice area, haven't been there for a while. I've camped out at Whroo a few times. A friend spent some of his childhood in Rushworth, and was there recently on a ride staying in the caravan park. They had the premiere of a made-for-tv movie that was set in the town (Valentine's Day?) so they watched that at the town hall. Kind of the event of the decade (century?) for the town.

Next time I'm up I'll check out the trail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.