Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to thinking, which is sometimes bad, and does the Rush, any model, seem to be kinda heavy for the bikes purpose?

I really do not know how to classify the bike, but suffice to say XC bike it seems a little to fat to be around 29lbs for my Rush 600. I really don't seem to feel it in the climbs, because I pedal a somewhat heavier 32+ lbs Nomad. And I know for the amount of travel it haves the weight of the Rush is close to the Prohet and gives up about 40mm? in travel.

But ****ing A I love the Lefty!

So does the Rush seem to heavy, I mean my Superlight "felt" lighter and they got that new Ls Worth Ephinay that weighs something like 26-27 lbs. No flame here just curious on to peoples thoughts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've been checking out a bunch of bikes in the 4" and 5" travel range, and I don't think that 29 lb. is bad at all for a 4" travel bike at the price point of the Rush 600. I do think that the Rush 1000 at 29 lb is disappointingly on the heavy side.

I was wondering what sorts of riding that you do that make you want to own both a Rush and a Nomad. Do you find you end up wanting to ride one rather than the other most of the time? Just curious. I only own one bike (a hardtail) so I keep debating whether to go with a shorter travel or longer travel FS for my '2nd bike'.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha I love the chuby chaser line. I ride the Nomad a bit more than the Rush, I previously had a Superlight. I use the Rush to ride mostly XC and when I really want to hammer, especially in the climbs. I like climbing long, winding fireroads so the Nomad is not best suited for that. Nomad gets taken out pretty much on any ride I would do with the Rush but when I want to hit more technical stuff or need that travel to soak up the hits when flying down the hills.

If you have a hardtail I think it be great to get a full squish. I know people who own three full squish bikes. But you have to look at what riding you are doing, what brand of bike, cost, and all the other factors you want for a short vs. long travel bike. ALbeit, there is a GOOD amount of 5" travel bikes on the market that are lightweight and can do a lot.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Wheeldog said:
I do think that the Rush 1000 at 29 lb is disappointingly on the heavy side.
Do you know that's the weight of an R1000 or is that something you read on MTBR? Here's what Cannondale sent me a few weeks ago:

Rush 1000-27.4 lbs​

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
Well they might be able to shave a pound or two off, but it will either cost you a bunch of money, or if you ever frequent the Ellsworth forum cost you a frame or two a year. Cannondale builds bikes for the real world, and don't really want to see them again. Ellsworth et al, seem to like having their gram shaved creations come home for a visit fairly often, kinda like a empty nester Mom who's kid just left for college=:) Put lighter tires on it, biggest difference you can make, and it will actually feel lighter to ride, not just lighter to lift!

·
Registered
265 Posts
mbmojo said:
Do you know that's the weight of an R1000 or is that something you read on MTBR? Here's what Cannondale sent me a few weeks ago:

Rush 1000-27.4 lbs​
I've never weighed one but I intend to at the time of a test ride. :) The 29 lb number was reported by 2-3 people in one of the Rush threads, possibly the "Post Your Rush" one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
mbmojo said:

Rush 1000-27.4 lbs​
I've seen the Rush 1000 weighed in two different shops/scales and stock (w/pedals) both were just a hair over 29 pounds. I'd be curious to get other confirmation of that though...

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
sfprophet said:
I've seen the Rush 1000 weighed in two different shops/scales and stock (w/pedals) both were just a hair over 29 pounds. I'd be curious to get other confirmation of that though...
My Rush is built to the 2000 spec with a lighter bar and 959's it came in at 27 lbs (medium frame). My Scalpel was 1.5 lb lighter. If I had my choice I would race the scalpel over the Rush any day, so calling the Rush a Marathon racing bike might be a stretch. I think it's just a fun comfy bike that doesn't beat me up as bad, and keeps me from steering around things quite so much.

It's night and day compared to a 6" bike though! So much faster!

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
used2Bhard said:
My Rush is built to the 2000 spec with a lighter bar and 959's it came in at 27 lbs (medium frame). My Scalpel was 1.5 lb lighter. If I had my choice I would race the scalpel over the Rush any day, so calling the Rush a Marathon racing bike might be a stretch. I think it's just a fun comfy bike that doesn't beat me up as bad, and keeps me from steering around things quite so much.

It's night and day compared to a 6" bike though! So much faster!
I also don't have the carbon lefty, so a true 2000 would have been a bit lighter.

·
Registered
538 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
Well they might be able to shave a pound or two off, but it will either cost you a bunch of money, or if you ever frequent the Ellsworth forum cost you a frame or two a year. Cannondale builds bikes for the real world, and don't really want to see them again. Ellsworth et al, seem to like having their gram shaved creations come home for a visit fairly often, kinda like a empty nester Mom who's kid just left for college=:) Put lighter tires on it, biggest difference you can make, and it will actually feel lighter to ride, not just lighter to lift!
Right on the money!

Did you pick up a Rush Mendon or are you still on the Prophet?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Terralogic guts are a bit heavier....

baycat said:
anyone got the lefty with the fox inertia or whatever it is called?
According to cannondale the TerrralogicTT is 1.59 kg and next down the line is the Speed Carbon DLR2 which is only 1.54 kg :) then the Speed bonded DLR2 is a bit heavier yet at 1.74 kg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.