Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of the Rush riders running for stems, besides the OEM stem? Is it possible to replace a stem on a lefty with any aftermarket one or are we limited my "propietary bs".

And if anyone is about 5'10" love to hear what size stem you are running, no innuendos please! :D

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Lefty Stem

baycat said:
What are some of the Rush riders running for stems, besides the OEM stem? Is it possible to replace a stem on a lefty with any aftermarket one or are we limited my "propietary bs".

And if anyone is about 5'10" love to hear what size stem you are running, no innuendos please! :D
I could only find the C-dale stem. I started with a 120 which was just a fuzz long for me. I'm 5'9" so It would probably work just fine for you. I'm using Monkeylite risers.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Have a fit done.

Go to a good shop and have them do a fit for you, on your bike. Ther reason that I say this is that what works for one person will not always work for another, even if they are the same size.

What is the stem that you have now doing/not doing? What size is it? You can tell by the serial number. eg. 12020254 is a 120mm long stem, with a 20 deg rize, and a 25.4mm clamp size.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm 5'10"
I use a med. Rush 1000.
the Rush came with a 100 +/- 5 degree stem and a wide 1.5" riser.
I took those off and put on a flatbar and the 120mm +/- 5 degree stem off my Scalpel.
I really like the way it fits now.
I did have to get a longer seatpost.
The one it was equipped with wasn't quite long enough.
I was going to go with a Large.
But it just felt to BIG.

·
Registered
217 Posts
baycat said:

OH , and with the stem . THere are still a few companies that make stems that will work with Lefty's and Headshoks.

I think Profile Design and Winwood? are 2.
You may want to check ebay.
Just as long as it is headshok size. it should work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.