Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...so I want/ed to install my garmin speed/cadence sensor in an attempt to get more accurate readings while using my garmin 305.It seems that most every ride I do the GPS alone doesn't pick up the mileage in it's entirety.I figured installing the speed cadence sensor would be the perfect solution.

So.....installation looked easy enough.All I had to do was attach speed sensor to chain stay and ..........D'OH.......problem number one.....no chainstay on the rush.I tried everything imaginable but still no way to mount it where it will actually work.

Anyone else face this problem?Anyone else find a cure for this problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mark D. said:
OK...so I want/ed to install my garmin speed/cadence sensor in an attempt to get more accurate readings while using my garmin 305.It seems that most every ride I do the GPS alone doesn't pick up the mileage in it's entirety.I figured installing the speed cadence sensor would be the perfect solution.

So.....installation looked easy enough.All I had to do was attach speed sensor to chain stay and ..........D'OH.......problem number one.....no chainstay on the rush.I tried everything imaginable but still no way to mount it where it will actually work.

Anyone else face this problem?Anyone else find a cure for this problem?
This guys shows a pretty good howto:
http://nobmob.com/articles/garminrushmount

I thought about doing that on my rush but instead just mounted it on the swingarm for speed only. I ride another bike too and it doesnt have the speed sensor. The results are identical, so like the other poster said it may not even be necessary to use it unless you are concerned about cadence or ride in an area with poor gps reception.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bortiz989 said:
This guys shows a pretty good howto:
http://nobmob.com/articles/garminrushmount

I thought about doing that on my rush but instead just mounted it on the swingarm for speed only. I ride another bike too and it doesnt have the speed sensor. The results are identical, so like the other poster said it may not even be necessary to use it unless you are concerned about cadence or ride in an area with poor gps reception.
cool..thanks.

I'm not at all worried about cadence but was under the impression(per the garmin manual) that the speed sensor wouldn't transmit without the cadence sensor also transmitting.
I'll mount the sensor to my swingarm and see what happens.

thanks again......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.