Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have loved the lefty and missed since I have been on my Litespeed Niota.
So Im pretty sure will be good on the downhills.
My major concern is uphills.
How does the Rush Carbon behaves?
And the turns? feels quick to turn and nimble?

I will use it in all mountain terrain, long steep climbs,single track technical .
Lots of zig zags fast turns terrain.

Rush Carbon will be good for this?

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
I haven't tried the Niota... But to me, a Lefty is so far beyond anything else that it plays a big part of my choice of bikes. I just cant ride a standard fork now, I always feel like they are bending and twisting as if they were made from Jell-O unless you go with forks that weigh twice the weight of a Lefty.

The Rush Carbon is still an amazing bike without the Lefty though. It has spot-on geometry for XC (stable for fast downhills and loooonnnnng rides yet nervous enough for snaking through twisty singletracks with speed), climbs great, descends great, is stiff, light... I could go on all day. Add to that the Lefty and the SI cranks (the SI Hollowgram of the Team Rush) and the great components that comes with it and you just cant go wrong...

... in fact, I'm lusting over a Rush Carbon Team these days, wish I had that kind of money.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I test rode one at Interbike in September and was extremely impressed. Climbed great, cornered on rails and is very plush.

I have to agree with Dan, the Lefty is the best fork I have ever owned. I had always ridden Fox forks, which I felt were the stiffest available, but after riding the Lefty, I cant ride the Fox. I even installed one on my Moots.

·
Registered
7 Posts
carbon rush

I have had a Team Carbon Rush for about a month and I am suprised at how well it climbs. I have a scalpel and the rush climbs just as good and descends twice as fast with less fatigue. The course I ride on is like riding on the beach uphill with roots for 10 miles. The only component i have channged is the egg beater pedals( didnt like ). The Carbon climbs great has plenty of travel and is flat out fast:thumbsup:I weighed mine which is a XL ( IM 6"3 225LBS) at 24.1LBS my scalpel on the same scale weighes 25.6Lbs. The real test will be next month when I race it in the MAS O MENOS 100K plenty of climbing to test the RUSH. IF money is not a factor get the rush carbon:)

i

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.