Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm installing a XTR m960 crankset and need some help: anyone knows how many spacers per side do I need in a Rush frame? It's the spacers between the frame and bottom bracket bearing

As for the brake cables, how long they need to be in a large frame?

Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=1878762&postcount=33

From wv_rider:
"I did notice that your BB spacers seem to be set up wrong. Shimano and Cannondale both recommend that you have 2 spacers on the drive and 1 on the non-drive side. You should get a 50 mm chainline with this setup."

Also see jdp526 reply.

As for the brakes I'll measure when I get home. Are you running hydro and what type. Don't forget if you are running hydros to route your rear brake line between the lefty and frame if your handle won't fit thru the tight clearance.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Jiar - I have 06 Avid Juicy Carbon with stock lengths. Front are 35" and rear are 64" (both +- 1"). Brother, I can get you the exact lengths if you want.

The kit came with ends that allow me to resize the lengths smaller one time. I probably won't but both front and rear I probably could take 1 - 1 1/2 off. I can give you the cable housing lengths for the shifters too. Are you going with 4 or 5 mm housings? Full length or cut them.

I'm embarrassed the bike isn't done yet but work is taking all my time. Another few weeks and I’ll post the bike.

--jim

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It took me a while to answer but here I'm. That's ok man, I just wanted to hear the aproximate lenght of the cables so that will do it.

As for the crankset, I can't install the spacers as mentioned in your previous post (2 on the drive side and 1 on the non-drive side), I can only install one spacer on the drive side and that's it!! The bottom bracket spindle isn't wide enough to accept more than 1 spacer.

Anyone else have an idea? Crank is a XTR m960

·
Registered
879 Posts
I was wondering, when you get the brakes, all you have to do is bolt them on and snap the cables into the guides, right? How hard is it to trim the lines shorter if need be? I'm planning on Hope Mini Monos, XTs, or Magura Marta SLs. For my crankset I'm going XT M760.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.