Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Rush 600 4 weeks ago. I just found out today that it will be 3-4 more weeks before it ships from the company (hopefully). The LBS I am dealing with (2.5 hrs away) has a Rush 800 in stock. I can get it for about $350 more than the 600. Do you guys think the upgrade in components would be worth it? Thanks.

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
To me the upgrade to the 800 is definatly worth it, despite owning a 2000 I think the 800 is the "sweet spot" in the Rush line up (Cannondale want you to think the 1000 is).

However the Rush 600 / 800 question is as much a Sram / Shimano question.
I love my dual control shifters (I can't see myself racing with anything else), and the hydraulic brakes are amazing. However there are many users who are equally vocal about their disdain for dual control shifters.

If they have an 800 in stock take it for a ride, my wife has a bike with the full Shimano LX group and it works flawlesly.

The lefty on the 600 and 800 Rush is the same. However the rear shock on the 800 is the Float R. vs. the standard Float on the 600 (you likely knew this). The difference is that the 800 has a Float with adjustable rebound control (hence the 'R'). This will help you fine tune the ride.

Eitherway I am sure you will enjoy your near future rush!

NS2000X

PS: One final comment - don't buy the 800 just to have the bike sooner, in the grand scheme 3 weeks isn't that long. However in my opinion as stated above, the upgrade is well worth it, if it is compatible with your budget.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I just called the LBS and took the 800. I have rented a 600 so I feel comfortable buying it without riding it. The main difference (in function) will be the shifters which should not be that big of a deal. Now I just have to wait until Tue for my friend to bring me the bike! Thanks again for your help

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
caddis said:
Thanks for the help. I just called the LBS and took the 800. I have rented a 600 so I feel comfortable buying it without riding it. The main difference (in function) will be the shifters which should not be that big of a deal. Now I just have to wait until Tue for my friend to bring me the bike! Thanks again for your help
Great.
I am glad I could be of some help.
Is the 800 you ordered White or Red? Either way be sure to post pictures on here when it arrives. :)

NS2000X

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.