Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 Large, Jet Black (matte) w/ BBQ colored Reflective Decals :rolleyes:
Standard 600 components https://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/CUSA/model-6VM6.html

Picked up my Rush at a LBS last night, and took it on a quick 12 mile singletrack loop at China Camp. Bike is replacing a Santa Cruz Superlight of very similar quality.

+
Snappy acceleration - bike can just flat out fly when you pedal hard, making it great out of turns, hammering to the top of the hill or escaping from a non-leased dog.
Turning - turns somewhat better than a SL, most notably when going uphill into switchbacks and hitting pretty tight fireroad turns
Suspension - Lefty is sweet, rigid and reacts nicely to small to medium sized hits. Not good with the big stuff, but I think I need to adjust the Lefty rebound to my specs. Rear Fox Float shock is good. Liked the RP3 on SL, but rather set it and forget it.
Feel - I feel more stretched out on the Rush than an SL of the same size, which I like. The Rush just feels faster. Can get out of the seat and hammer, more than I would on my SL
Components - Rush 600 is a better purchase than the Rush 800 because didn't want the shitmano dual control, and the SRAM x7 stuff is performing nice. Didn't take long to adjust to the thumb control. Avid Mech Disc brakes yet to brake in so the verdict is still out and FSA crank is OK.

-
Feel - The Rush wasn't performing as well on hills as my SL, but this could be due to lack of riding time or the different feel, streched out or HA, that is making it so.
Suspension - Lefty's are something I will have to get used to. An acquired taste kind of like the shape on a Nomad. Wasn't as plush as I had hoped with an extra 20mm on my SL fork. Think I have to dial it in correctly.

Overall the bike felt great, the acceleration and handling of this bike blew the Superlight out of the water. I am going to have to get used to the "feel" of the bike by riding it more, but so far I am happy.

UGI: new tires the IRC Serac XC tires do not seem great on the traction, mono minis if the mech discs are ehhhh, sram x.0 stuff.

And there is mud on the bike as proof!

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shimano didn't do anything, I run it on my Nomad. Just the dual control stuff, not a fan. Had it on my superlight for a short time. I guess I am a fan of trigger shifters, no long story :)

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
baycat said:
Shimano didn't do anything, I run it on my Nomad. Just the dual control stuff, not a fan. Had it on my superlight for a short time. I guess I am a fan of trigger shifters, no long story :)
Cool.
I read more malice in to your shimano mispelling. I guess more acutately you could have thougth up a creative way to misspell 'Dual Control'. :)

For the record, I'm in the - "Like's DC" camp. :)

You can't fault those SRAM rear mechs though, at least until you bash them of things, and that is never good.

·
Hup, Hup
536 Posts
Nice write up baycat, thanks for pointing this thread out to me. Be sure to keep us posted as to how things settle in once you get the Lefty dialed for you.

Making me jealous.

·
Registered
25 Posts
should i go for the rush 600?

i have been looking into a rush 600(i'm 13 the 600 is all i can afford :) ) is it a good buy
i race mildly agressive xc and am looking at a softie
i've read some good reviews about it and am really interested
keep me posted on the brakes and how the x7's are working

P.S. Down With Dual Control

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
strumpjumper5 said:
i have been looking into a rush 600(i'm 13 the 600 is all i can afford :) ) is it a good buy

If you are 13 and can aford a Cannondale Rush 600, I think you have done great for yourself. Needless to say you will hear many great things in this forum regarding the Rush. Have you been able to go and see one at your local bike shop?

·
Registered
21 Posts
strumpjumper5 said:

Check my write up: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=165861

Best regards
- OLLE

·
Registered
25 Posts
howmuch did your rush weigh?

i can't exactly afford it yet im pretty
close btu there i sno way ill be able to go for the 800 cus i stink at saving money
i have seen a rush in teh same color at a local bike shop in the same color as yours only with grey decals i actually got to test ride it and it was pretty sweet

How much does your rush weigh

-stumpjumper5

·
Registered
21 Posts
Asking me?

strumpjumper5 said:
i can't exactly afford it yet im pretty
close btu there i sno way ill be able to go for the 800 cus i stink at saving money
i have seen a rush in teh same color at a local bike shop in the same color as yours only with grey decals i actually got to test ride it and it was pretty sweet

How much does your rush weigh

-stumpjumper5
I don't know whether your post was targeted at me, but I'll try to answer anyway...

Mine also has the grey decals - It is the flash that makes them reflect and seem white. Sorrily I have no idea what it weighs, but it must be one of the heavier Rushes as it is an XL.

Best regards
- OLLE

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks for the info

thanks for the info regards the rush600, if you ever get around to weighing it let me know
if your using metrics here can you try to put it pounds
did the avid5 hydros come stock on yours because i have only seen them with avidBB7 mechanicals....by the way are those any good

let me know
-the stumpjumper

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
strumpjumper5 said:
thanks for the info regards the rush600, if you ever get around to weighing it let me know
did the avid5 hydros come stock on yours because i have only seen them with avidBB7 mechanicals....by the way are those any good

let me know
-the stumpjumper
Olle's Rush is European Spec, so comes with the hydraulic Avid's. The NorthAmerican spec bikes use the cable operated ball bearing Avid's you are used to seeing. Hopefully BayCat can help you on the weight of the Rush 600.

RE: Stump Jumper vs Rush.
I'm not sure which Stump Jumper matches on pricing with the 600.
In general however they are both great bikes. I guess one of the FSRxc models.
One huge advantage to the Rush 600 though is the Speed Bonded Lefty DLR2, same great fork used on the Rush 800, and Rush 1000. With identical internals to the Lefty Speed Carbon on the Rush 2000!

·
Hup, Hup
536 Posts
strumpjumper5 said:

let me know
-the stumpjumper
We just received a Rush 600 into the shop today and the scale reads 29.8 lbs.

strumpjumper5 said:
i mispelled my profile name on accident can i change it
If you want to change your screen name you should send gregg a PM.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
chris_nor_cal said:
yeah no kidding im 24 and saved for a like 7 months to get my prophet 600.
i'm trying hard not to hate you kid.
just kidding:) enjoy it. ;)
Vacationing in Hawaii or Prophet. Vacationing in Hawaii or Prophet. Vacationing in Hawaii or Prophet. Vacationing in Hawaii or Prophet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.