Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not having lots of money and likeing the look of, wondering if anyone can give any advice.

how good/bad are the shocks and what is the ride quality like? if i bought this how suitable or not would it be for cristalp type use?

can anyone give an idea of how much it weighs?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I've test-ridden the Rush 400, 600, 800, and 2000, and I recently bought an 800. Based on my experiences, I would definitely recommend the bike, but you should try and see if you can get a 600 on sale for the price of the 400. It comes with a Lefty and much better shocks, plus for some reason it just rides a whole lot better. :)

I recall seeing Rush 600's for as low as $1429 at my LBS while they were on sale, with the 400 being arounf $1100, and maybe they'll even go lower with the '07s coming out soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently made the switch from a hardtail to a dual suspension bike. Like yourself I wanted to keep costs to a minimium so I ended up with a Rush 400. I LOVE this bike! :thumbsup: It's perfect for single track riding and LOVES to climb. Both shocks, the radium R and R7 fork, were super easy to dial in and work great. Like all low-end C-dales the specs on the 400 are weak, but I recommend riding it and building it up over time.

HTH

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
MAC4Runner said:
I recently made the switch from a hardtail to a dual suspension bike. Like yourself I wanted to keep costs to a minimium so I ended up with a Rush 400. I LOVE this bike! :thumbsup: It's perfect for single track riding and LOVES to climb. Both shocks, the radium R and R7 fork, were super easy to dial in and work great. Like all low-end C-dales the specs on the 400 are weak, but I recommend riding it and building it up over time.

HTH
But like all low-end Cannondales, you get the same great frame as on their high-end models. I'd rather start with a good frame and crappy components than the other way around, then upgrade the components as they wear out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.