Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
artboy said:
any thoughts on the rush 400,
as far as what you get for the price?
does anyone have one yet?
how's the ride?

any input would be greatly appreciated
As with any entry level bike, look for a company that gives you a kick a$$ frame, with crappy parts. The bike will ride great, and if you ride it frequently enough to wear out(or break) the inexpensive stuff, it's a great excuse to upgrade a bit at a time! That's what I have told all my customers for years. That said, Cannondale is just such a company, good luck in your decision!

·
Salt of the Earth
117 Posts
artboy said:
any thoughts on the rush 400,
as far as what you get for the price?
does anyone have one yet?
how's the ride?

any input would be greatly appreciated
I agree with baycat... save up for the 600 if you can. Upgrading a 400 to 600 levels will cost you more than just buying a 600 in the first place.

The exception to the rule above is if you happen have some KickA$$ parts hanging around your garage (sunk cost items like a fork, shifters, wheels...) that you could put on the 400 and in turn sell the parts that came with it for some money.

I have an 800 which IMHO is the sweetspot for Price-Performance in the Rush line, but I understand that Shimano Dual Control is not for everyone (gawd knows it has taken me a while to get used to it). If you like, or are impartial to, dual control, give the 800 a look as well.

Any way you go, you will be getting a great bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.