Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going tubless, I understand that when you use Stans sealant it has a limited life before "drying up", and needs to be re-plenished. How long before you have to do this, and is the old stuff easy to clean out of your tires, as in water soluable ?? Any one with caffe latex expereince ?? Thanks

·
Kiss my Grits!
115 Posts
Whatever

I now mix Stans with a little Slime. During the very hot summer in Folsom area, it dries up after several weeks. It does not clean off the inside of the tires very easily. During the winter it should last several months. I am not a weight watcher, but I have not had a flat tire on one of my tubeless set ups yet and that is what's important to me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Try Simple Green for removing Stans.

My 29er in the Chico heat lasted a couple months, my garage stays pretty mild for temps and may help it last longer. I did get a nice Stans coral when I popped the bead to check the condition of the Stans.

If you happen to have Bontrager wheels, they make rim strips for going tubeless. Several friends use Gorilla tape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.