Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace the dropper post on my 2018 canyon cf8.0 (the rockshox post was too long - replacing with a oneup). Unfortunately I was not able to use the old cable to pull the new cable housing through the frame.

Now I’m struggling to get the new housing in. Any insight to getting this done with minimum pain?

Kiitos!

Monti

·
cgrocho
85 Posts
I have to replace the dropper post on my 2018 canyon cf8.0 (the rockshox post was too long - replacing with a oneup). Unfortunately I was not able to use the old cable to pull the new cable housing through the frame.

Now I'm struggling to get the new housing in. Any insight to getting this done with minimum pain?

Kiitos!

Monti
Hi... did you solve this? I'm struggling with the same issue. -Thanks, Chuck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up running a cable down the seat tube and pulled it out the holes in the down tube just above the bottom bracket. I then attached the cable housing to the cable and pulled it through by pulling the cable back out the seat tube. It took a little finesse (I originally tried taping the cable to the housing but it came un-taped - ended up using a little glue). The park internal routing tool or something similar would have made it a bit easier.

-monti

·
cgrocho
85 Posts
I ended up running a cable down the seat tube and pulled it out the holes in the down tube just above the bottom bracket. I then attached the cable housing to the cable and pulled it through by pulling the cable back out the seat tube. It took a little finesse (I originally tried taping the cable to the housing but it came un-taped - ended up using a little glue). The park internal routing tool or something similar would have made it a bit easier.

-monti
Thanks for the reply. I actually called Canyon about this and they confirmed that the method they use is to feed the housing from the seat tube, finding the already present internal cable guide by feel. I was able to do it, though it required patience. This also explains the mystery oblong hole on the side of the down tube, which can be used to direct the end of the housing through its exit hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.