Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cambria Bike decided to take Wednesday late morning, Thursday, Friday, Sat, and Sunday off so my on line order hasn't moved past step one. :madmax:

Anyway, is it okay to run a standard geared style (ramped with pins) front 32 ring on my single speed until my Salsa ring arrives? Should it really matter other than looks if the tension is set correctly as it would be any other time?

EBB and I run an 8 speed chain. I just don't want to miss a ride tomorrow.

Side rant:
Effing Cambriabike.com. Their one line store is NOT associated with the online store so it's just some nameless warehouse that doesn't care that I overpaid for two day air.

·
organically fed
1,175 Posts
NardoSS said:
Side rant:
Effing Cambriabike.com. Their one line store is NOT associated with the online store so it's just some nameless warehouse that doesn't care that I overpaid for two day air.
I'm sorry you're having a bad day.

If it helps, I'm still running the original ramped chainring and the original 9-speed cassette (ramped, obviously) with a tensioner and it's doin' just fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, that's good enough for me. On it will go and thanks for the advice. It's good to know that I can just cancel my order. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.