Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'd like to see this bike in reverse, with the 2 wheels in the back kind of like a narrow trike. That would get a lot of traction and balance.

I'd also like to see it with 2 leftys on the front, independent suspension lol.

-Nolan

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd like to see this bike in reverse, with the 2 wheels in the back kind of like a narrow trike. That would get a lot of traction and balance.
You possibly were joking, but I actually think there might be a larger market for adult tricycles than the bike manufacturers realize. Especially for older people who live in urban areas where they can attempt a car-free lifestyle, a "fat trike" would be awesome - very stable and perfect for hauling groceries or whatever in all weather conditions.

Something like this but fatter and more capable:

26" Schwinn Meridian Tricycle - Walmart.com

In other words, there would be almost no focus on speed or agility. The entire focus of the hypothetical "fat trike" would be stability and hauling in all weather conditions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Would having twin sus forks allow leaning into turns?
I don't know, but Rungu has another model with twin suspension forks.

That model is the Kilimanjaro.

Performance Comparison | rungu

I don't think "leaning into turns" is the priority, however.

From looking at the web site, it seems like the emphasis is on stability for hauling surfboards on sand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.