Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Whoa, pretty sick looking frame there, I am jealous over the tuned coiled Elka! I almost want to hate the air shock on the Rune I am checking out tomorrow to give me more reason to get the Elka someday.

Happy building!

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Chad_Money said:
out today Err , let me know if you dont get the tracking and I will shoot it over bro! I threw in those 10mm parts also bud.

:cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut:
Killer dude, thanks much. Can't wait to put this beast together.

·
Roll on Spring Time!
1,547 Posts
Err - I think this is an obvious question but Elka will custom tune the shock for the Rune right? From my research the Rune is not very progressive, can Elka build that in or is it up to the HSC adjustment?

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
juan pablo said:
Err - I think this is an obvious question but Elka will custom tune the shock for the Rune right? From my research the Rune is not very progressive, can Elka build that in or is it up to the HSC adjustment?
Elka tunes for the progressiveness. Won't have to jack up the HSC to keep it from bottoming.

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
Here is a little bit I received from Elka.

Elka said:
Elka Suspension's design is a high-speed and low-speed adjustable compression system paired with a standard De Carbon main damping system (shimstack main piston). This design provides infinite internal tuning possibilities and intuitive external adjustability. The hydraulic valving (internal shimstack) can easily be tuned for each bike's suspension design. The adjustment range then becomes fully usable for the rider, allowing more precise fine-tuning with smalller increments (more precise clicks).
If you look at the fit list here, they have listings MC30 and MR30 for the Rune... these are their codes for the internal compression and rebound valvings suited for the runes suspension. Patrick at Elka explained to me that with this valving, you should be able to run the adjustments right in the middle of their range without bottoming or blowing through travel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.